Weekly Post - 29/03/ - 04/04/15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Time for the most important post of the week, our new weekly thread :p

Had my last really busy week. So glad the marathon has ended. Foodwise I definitely overdid it on my non fast days. This year has just been a bit of a roller coaster and my eating and exercise pattern mirrors that.

Hoping to be more in control and to be able to ramp up my circuit training in April. Mom is off to surgery on Wednesday (new shoulder joint), so I will be looking after her dog until Easter Monday and again at the end of April. Thus I will be doing alot of walking too. Had a great run in the sun this afternoon and stayed under my cals today (not much, but still).

Not sure when I will fit in my fasts this and next week. I will try to do two per week, but I might only be able to do three over the course of the next two weeks. Playing it by ear.

Now off to bed as our clocks are being turned back tonight. But I have nooooo appointments tomorrow, except some time in my mini gym, thus I shall turn off my alarm clock now B)

Have a great Sunday!

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Sweet dreams!!!!
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm adding an extra fasting day in this week, which will be today (Sunday). We pull into port next week so I'm going to try for 3 fasts this week so I only need 1 the next week and I can go eat out while in port :)

Happy Sunday everyone! :D
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I just found this link on another board. I needed this today as I've been struggling a bit. Thought it might help some of you too.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fzia-8MX4ig
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    This is great @flumi_f. 'If I feel fat I'm feeling something else'! Thanks.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    snaps27 wrote: »
    This is great @flumi_f. 'If I feel fat I'm feeling something else'! Thanks.

Yup. I printed that out and hung it up!

Was feeling a bit gloomy this morning. Even my walk didn't help. Just finished Jillian's Fat blast and feel a lot better now. Have to take this into April!!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that @flumi_f‌. We all need to be reminded.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Monday fast completed!! Well kinda, it's 7.30pm here so I've almost completed it. I managed to go complete fasting until I finished work and had a banana with chocolate powder sprinkled onto it. Yay for totm sweet and chocolate cravings not. But that was a waaaaayyyyy low calorie snack. I have just finished my steamed fish and veggies for dinner and I feel like I've eaten way too much.
    Good luck with your fast day or your non fast day!!!!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Did any UK folk watch "The Truth About Calories" on the BBC yesterday? I thought it was interesting but didn't learn much that was new. I did have my suspicions about food labelling which the programme confirmed - i.e. that most of them are not very accurate, the calorie counts printed on foods are underestimated by an average of 10%! I did enjoy the piece where they took an average pub lunch and with a few simple tricks reduced the calorie count by 300.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05nhyt8
  • NadiaMirabilia
    NadiaMirabilia Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello 5:2 friends! yummm a banana with chocolate powder sounds like a good and healthy sweet snack. Just starting my Monday fast today and I am excited! It's so easy to do the hard work when it is clear there is such a great payback!

I enjoyed such great food this weekend and even though I ate until I didn't want anymore I still only ate to my TDEE. Before 5:2 if I kept eating until I didn't want anymore I would have ate the whole large pizza to myself. On top of that, everything tasted amazing!

Good job to all that completed their fast day and good luck to those just starting!

:D
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! FD #1 for me today. We moved this weekend, and I ate SO MUCH BAD FOOD. We did do a LOT of walking, and stairs, but not sure if it was enough to ward off gaining some water weight. Not even weighing myself until the end of the week. I hate seeing giant jumps in my weight. I am also really sick on top of it all! BLAH~
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    United States 5:2 dieter newbie and thread lurker. First ever fast day today 3/30/15. This will be a month long experiment to see how I adapt. So far so good. Chose Mondays and Thursdays as my fast days and I will be counting on my non-fast days too in order to be more lax on the weekends. Thanks for posting tips and results. I hope this works well for me. :smile:
  • snaps27
    Options
    Did any UK folk watch "The Truth About Calories" on the BBC yesterday? I thought it was interesting but didn't learn much that was new. I did have my suspicions about food labelling which the programme confirmed - i.e. that most of them are not very accurate, the calorie counts printed on foods are underestimated by an average of 10%! I did enjoy the piece where they took an average pub lunch and with a few simple tricks reduced the calorie count by 300.

Caught bits of it and it was interesting. Did it mention how he was able to calculate the calories he burned vs consumed? It's true that some of the things were just common sense but i loved the bit when the group of dinners said how we can drink three more glasses of wine because we saved them at dinner :D
  • snaps27
    Options
    Couldn't find where the post was for the M&S jeans were, but I thought I should respond...Although I am not 100% qualified (I am an American that has now been in the the UK for over 11 years). The Per Una jeans are marketed to the younger market and generally these clothes run smaller where as the normal M&S jeans give a bit more 'room'. Don't really know why the sizes have to run sooo differently actually quite annoying really.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Couldn't find where the post was for the M&S jeans were, but I thought I should respond...Although I am not 100% qualified (I am an American that has now been in the the UK for over 11 years). The Per Una jeans are marketed to the younger market and generally these clothes run smaller where as the normal M&S jeans give a bit more 'room'. Don't really know why the sizes have to run sooo differently actually quite annoying really.

That was me on the last week's Weekly :) What you say makes sense. I'm aware that some brands use "vanity sizing" and what fits you in one shop won't in the shop next door. But at least now I know that I can drop down a size at regular M&S! Gotta love a NSV :D
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options

Caught bits of it and it was interesting. Did it mention how he was able to calculate the calories he burned vs consumed? It's true that some of the things were just common sense but i loved the bit when the group of dinners said how we can drink three more glasses of wine because we saved them at dinner :D

I think he just used a HRM & calorie counter, they didn't say specifically only that he was measuring his activity in calories burned.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Thanks @iwannabeonthebeach! When my birthday come in July I want to buy myself a new pair of jeans (hopefully in a different size). The jeans I have now...Calvin Klein skinny size UK 16...they have been my marker (for the past 5 years, man, I really need new pair lol). Initially too tight... now a bit baggy ... and soon...fingers crossed...will come down without un buttoning :blush:

It is a bit difficult for me to judge because I grew up in the US and my smallest size ever was US12 when I was 15 years old. Plus there are sooooo many different brands to choose from and every one of them cut differently. I honestly have no idea which jean I will go for. Maybe I'll go with the GAP as they are both in the US and UK. Any suggestions???

Anyway, Fast day went well yesterday...just a tad over 600 (good because everyone home). Ate way too much cereal this morning, but after a fast it just tastes sooooo good lol.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    So today's lesson is to not listen to those evil things we call scales... I have gained 1.5kgs but I've lost 2% of my bodyfat. I've lost 2cm off most places except my butt is perkier. So the scales can ping off cause I'm happy with my results
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    Good morning! Today was supposed to be FD#2 but all the good intentions in the world will not keep me from a colleagues leaving pub lunch do. Probably my last opportunity this week too so will aim for a semi FD today and start again next week.

Have a good day folks!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    So today's lesson is to not listen to those evil things we call scales... I have gained 1.5kgs but I've lost 2% of my bodyfat. I've lost 2cm off most places except my butt is perkier. So the scales can ping off cause I'm happy with my results

Yes! This topic deserves a post on it's own. I'll write it up today or tomorrow :) If you don't wanna wait, feel free to start it.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Greetings all. I haven't been posting in this group for a while, but have been lifted up by the conversations going on! Thanks everyone for sharing - have a good week!