Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, March 30th - April 5th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello everyone!! This week was a little nutzo and I did not really get to log....I started some days, but only finished once I think.....

I did get to the Y once....but only once.....I did do well on eating, hydration, and my steps most days.

This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food five days this week (Good Friday I fast and only eat one time after sundown, and Easter Sunday I am not logging)
4. Get to the YMCA two times (Third time for the week would have been Friday, so only two for obvious reasons)
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week

How about you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Goal

Tell the group what you are most proud about and most disappointed about from the first quarter of this year. As we head into spring and nicer weather, things will get easier for the most part, how did winter treat you?

On a separate note - does anyone actually do the mini goals? Should I keep posting them?

Replies

• Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    this week I am going to really put my foot down and finish the whole week off

1. track all my food
    2. exercise 30 mins a day and give my self one rest day
    3. post in here when I was to eat bad
    4. try not to stress out about things I have no control over.
    5. get 10k steps on my fitbit every day ( I'm with you italian in this one)

I do the mini goals ( well some times I do but thats because I get into a funk and I don't do any of my goals)

I am proud that I keep coming back, even when I give up on my self I am still here and I try to pick my self up, what I'm most disappointed is that I know what I need to do, and I just can't seem to do it.
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I like the mini goals, hon. :) Sometimes they work for me, sometimes they don't, but I like seeing them and seeing others achieve them.

This week for me:
    1. 10,000 steps every day. No pussyfooting around. If I don't move, I don't lose.
    2. Yoga Wednesday night. Even if my yoga partner skips.
    3. Eat good food. Not crap.
    4. Strength training 3x.
    5. Relish in the lack of stress for a week. At least.
    6. Figure out some kind of nice treat I can have for Easter.

Mini Goal:
    Right now, I am most proud of myself for this past weekend. I walked or hiked (it's all pretty much hiking at camp, though, right? Even if it's just to the latrines? *grins*) over 23 miles between Friday and Sunday. And while I got tired and sore, I didn't feel so miserable I felt like I had to give up until the very end of the last day. And this morning, I am too sore to go to kickboxing, but not too sore to plan on picking up my weights today.

I couldn't have done that last year. I didn't do that last year (although I ran the same event at the same camp). I am in such better shape than I was - and that's what I am proud of.

I am disappointed that I haven't been able to pull things together as well as think I should be able to after I started working. I only work part time, so it feels like I shouldn't use that as an excuse not to work out. Not to do laundry. Not to craft. Not to sew. Not to plan great things for/with my troop. Hopefully, as more and more of my volunteer responsibilities fall away, I will be able to focus on things again.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The last two weeks have been ... let's call them challenging. Work conference followed by full-blown flu. Once I felt I could eat again, I ate ALL THE FOOD! But at least I didn't gain all the weight back, so there's that.

This week I just want to get back on track.

MINI GOAL: I am most proud of doing it. Not just saying I'm going to do it, but doing it. Eating better, going to the gym, etc. I'm not really disappointed in anything except for how I've fallen off the wagon over the last couple of days.

• shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I only met my goal of bed by 9:30 once last week. But I did get to bed by 10:00 every night and I wasn't so tired at work. I get up at 5:00 in the morning. Even on my days off I get up early, because my dogs think we should. So I'm making it my goal again this week - bed by 9:30.

Mini-goal: I have been going on college tours with my daughter recently and I noticed that I can keep up with the tour group. When I was doing this 3 years ago with my other daughter, I was lagging behind the rest of the group. As for disappointments, I noticed that I have been comparing my progress to other people on MFP lately and beating myself up because I haven't made as much progress as they have. Yeah I know that you shouldn't compare yourself to others. Yada yada. But I have a really competitive nature.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Italian: I like the mini goal and it makes me think! I had a good day today very busy but good! I am determined. Busy week at work with the boss gone but we are getting things done!

My goals this week:

1. Night time hydration, it's like at 4 pm I just stop drinking.
    2. Working towards increasing my exercise from 10 to 15 minutes
    3. Stay healthy at Easter
    4. Work on my breakfast smoothies

Mini goal: I already know this answer, I am most proud of cutting my soda out of my diet and drinking 2 l of water or clear fluids a day!! I am most disappointed in letting myself get to 325 at all, when I needed to be in shape I wasn't I couldn't help someone who needed me! This is my driving for Example!!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Alright, I will keep going with the mini goals.....if it gets to a time when people are sick of them and do not want to do them, please someone tell me and not let me beat a dead horse too long lol

Today went alright.....I did not get to hydrate this morning because I was running so late, but I did log my food and I got my steps in. Now I am fasting tonight for my blood work I get done every three months.....14 hours of not eating is easy.....14 hours of not drinking is not....I will not get to hydrate properly tomorrow either because of this, but will make sure I get plenty of fluids in after my appointment. I am going to the movies tomorrow evening too, so dinner will be popcorn and something else not wonderfully healthy, BUT, I will log it.

I am charging my fitbit now, so won't get to bed by 10, but will try not to be too late, as soon as it is done I will head to bed....good night all!
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Most proud: Lost just under 40lbs, and went from a maximum of 5 minutes on the bike at a time to 53 this afternoon.

Least proud: I'm getting anxious and wanting to lose faster, and I'm not getting the asleep I need.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I set two goals this week:
    (1) to log daily
    (2) to workout 3 times this week

I am most proud that I accepted that I needed to work through some mental health stuff that is related to my weight issues. I also didn't just give up like I usually do. Not facing this stuff and turning to food and isolating myself got me to the 300s so I know that if I want to stay out of the 300s, I have to do the opposite.

I also am so glad to see that so many are actively engaged in these posts (thank you Italian Buju for taking this on and keeping it going!) since I was last on here a few months ago. Let's meet our goals!
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yes mini goals please continue.

Goals for this week. . (We will not speak of last week)

2× normal workout
    1x pushing intense workout.
    Sleep.
    Log food Monday-fri.
    Don't go crazy on food choices easter weekend with family visit.

Mini goal-
    I am most proud of running 2 5ks this first quarter.
    I'm most disappointed with falling off the wagon with my eating and gaining back a ton of hard lost weight.
  • craftscout
    Options
    No, cowboy, last week is dead to us, we will not speak of it.

Italian, hope things go well this morning for you.

I'm starting the week off well. Got my steps in and did my strength training yesterday. Did go out for sushi with my mom for lunch, but kept it fairly reasonable in portion size. Lost 2 pounds this morning.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    good morning all, I just woke up and missing my boxing class.ahh but its ok. I'll do something else for the day
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I went to the gym today even though I slept less than 3 solid hours last night, HUGE FEAT for me, I had to really convince myself to go instead of going home to nap!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    wtg Italian!

Today I had a little mini binge at dinner after things did not go my way but I caught myself and stopped, now I'm working on. Nighttime water consumption but my belly is full from binge blah!
  • craftscout
    Options
    Ugh, yesterday, I crashed and burned. Went out to get Easter candy for the kids, and ended up eating too much of it. Then I laid down around 6:30 pm for a quick nap - next thing I know it's 4 am. Guess I was still zonked from camping. I know it wasn't from exercising - it was a rest day and I only got in 6600 steps before I crashed.

Unsurprisingly, gained 3 pounds this morning.
  • Losin_W8
    Losin_W8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm new to this group. Not new to MFP. After going to the doctors office a couple of months ago for my asthma I stepped on the scale and was 309lbs. It took a couple of weeks to sink in, or maybe I tried to block it out. Well finally I decided to cut pop out of my diet. Which is a big thing for me. And that lead to me buying a fitbit and starting to count my calories. I've been going strong for a week with a loss of 12lbs.
    Goals for this week:
    (1) Continue logging food everyday with the exception of Easter
    (2) Exercising 3x
    (3) Reaching my goal of 7500 steps w/Fitbit
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    76 degrees today but very windy so did my walking indoors.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Hey Losin - welcome to the group! I love my fitbit! If you are looking for friends, we could link up on there!

Today sucked a bit, just lots of crap went wrong, but I ate alright, and got my steps in....so it did not affect me so far......
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)
    I'm another newbie to the group. I've been trying to just do this solo but it's not happening so very glad I found this group! I'm about 360lb at the moment and it's ruining my life, so I can't give up trying.

So, my goals for the rest of this week are;

10,000 steps a day - I'm already at 7500-8000 just with doing the school run twice a day, so going to try and get an afternoon walk in as often as possible and if not that, then make up the extra doing step ups in the evening.

Eat with my allowance- At the moment managing one day of feeling in control with this would be a relief; I struggle every single day to not give up and binge eat.

Stay away from the shops!- Shopping by myself is dangerous, so leaving all money and cards at home from now on and just doing weekend shops with the hubby and children.

Make more of an effort with my appearance - I used to wear makeup every day, I used to care about what I looked like and pay attention to my hair. Now I'm bigger than I've ever been and I just throw on the same clothes everyday, put makeup on very rarely and straighten my hair maybe once a month. There's a rather crude saying in the UK that you 'can't polish a turd' and that's what I think people will be thinking if I make any effort to look nicer, but it's stupid.

Drink more water!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    been super stressed the last few days, I haven't exercised in a week, thats crazy for me, but my food has been great, so I'm not eating my emotions, but I have been cleaning a lot so that helps get my mind off things. I hope after next week things should get better for me.
  • KimPenuelas
    KimPenuelas Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Excellent First Week.....I knew I can do this if I really applied myself. I lost 12 lb, I know at the beginning is all water weight, but I'm so proud of myself for utilizing MFP daily and drinking tons of water and NO JUNK FOOD. God, I can't wait till I get into the 200's :smiley: