One week to go

SilverStormi
SilverStormi Posts: 626 Member
Hey all. These challenges fly by. Im up this week but with how I ate this weekend and it being that time this weekend im not to surprised. I think this challenge overall has just been maintaining for me unfortunately. Next one I will crack down and actually lose my goal. I need to break out of this funk and start losing again. Hopefully everyone else has done better.

Next point - we are on our last week! Time to start thinking of the next one. Im thinking Memorial Day (May 25th for the non US people) but Im up to suggestions. So everyone let me know what you think.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    It depends on whether people want longer or shorter, I think. Memorial Day would work for me, but so would the 4th if we wanted to make it a long time.

Are there any non US-centric holidays in late May or June? (I'm terrible and can't think of any.)
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    I am up for a challenge. I think it helps me keep accountable. Although I challenge myself, it is always fun to challenge myself with friends.
  • SilverStormi
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Are there any non US-centric holidays in late May or June? (I'm terrible and can't think of any.)
    So am I but I know from the past when we said a date that was more US-centric it was pointed out that not everyone knew when that fell. In the someone needed the exact date to be clarified way.

If we do Memorial day it would be a 7 week challenge. Then we can go into a 4th of July challenge which would be a 6 week challenge.

If we just did to the 4th it would be a 13 week challenge.

Personally I prefer when they are no more then 2 months. For some reason in my head that seems easier and more manageable. I dont know if its just me but I would rather a few more with a shorter time over the course of the year versus a few less but longer ones.

Again its all up for a group vote. So please sound off. I want to make my goal of having the new group created by thurday. This way everyone has time to join and we can start right off on Monday with the next one.
  • lemurcat12
    The short dates make sense to me, so I'm up for Memorial Day (unless someone wants to volunteer a non US holiday).
  • ChiaGnome
    ChiaGnome Posts: 179 Member
    I think this challenge overall has just been maintaining for me unfortunately. Next one I will crack down and actually lose my goal. I need to break out of this funk and start losing again.

I'm in the exact same boat. I'll be ecstatic if I break into the 140's by next weight in (2 lbs down from my starting weight). I agree that Memorial day makes for a good time period for a challenge. Plus it's Spring Bank Holiday in the UK :)
  • marygirl05
    marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
    anything works for me.. and ya this one has been more of maintaining
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Memorial
    Day challenge sounds good to me
  • classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Whatever works best for the group, works for me
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    I also maintained this challenge. Would be nice if something would change soon. As for the time frame of the next challenge anything works for me.
  • freyjac
    freyjac Posts: 205 Member
    OK so I started another discussion before looking in here. Oops. Anyway l think I like the other idea of another 7 week challenge.
    This has been a really bad month for me and I am hoping to get back on track for this next challenge.
  • jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    My vote is for Memorial day.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Another vote here for Memorial Day. Since so many of us seem to be maintaining, I wonder if we can "team up" to reach some group fitness and or nutrition goals. For example, maybe we can join forces to track a certain number (1,000 group total??? Just as an example) of miles (running, walking, cycling, swimming, cartwheeling...) or eat for some sort of group goal, or drink so many collective gallons of water. I don't know if this would motivate us more or not. Just a thought I wanted to toss out there.
  • lemurcat12
    I think that's a great idea.
  • SilverStormi
    The new group is finally created :smiley: Sorry for the delay I wanted to have it done the other day but life got in the way.

I think I got everyone who is signed up for this challenge when I sent out invites but if I accidentally missed someone sorry about that and the link to the new group is below

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104947-something-to-celebrate-memorial-day-challenge
  • SilverStormi
    Another vote here for Memorial Day. Since so many of us seem to be maintaining, I wonder if we can "team up" to reach some group fitness and or nutrition goals. For example, maybe we can join forces to track a certain number (1,000 group total??? Just as an example) of miles (running, walking, cycling, swimming, cartwheeling...) or eat for some sort of group goal, or drink so many collective gallons of water. I don't know if this would motivate us more or not. Just a thought I wanted to toss out there.

That could be a fun idea. For me its as simple of adding a extra column each week for people to add into track what ever is decided. We can discuss it on the Memorial Day board and see what everyone would prefer to track and what the goal should be.
  • CumberlandGrammy
    CumberlandGrammy Posts: 331 Member
    Thank you, SilverStormi! I hadn't imagined we could track this on the spreadsheet. How convenient that would be!
  • LittleMy2014
    LittleMy2014 Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2015
    Coming late to this discussion. Re Non-US holidays, here in the UK we have Bank Holiday Monday on 25th May. Or how about 21st June which is the longest day? Just a thought.

Ok, I think I am too late :( Never mind. Serves me right, haha.