Brunch Madness

Options
KetoCutie
KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
I love to cook, and even on busy weekends I like to make sure my daughters and I get to sit down to a meal at least once- and I have to say- the brunch I made on Sunday was DELICIOUS.

Savory cheddar/garlic/basil waffles, topped with a smidge of bacon and a fried egg, and a generous, decadent, delicious dollop of Hollandaise sauce (crazy easy to make and I had no idea!)

Recipes:
Savory Cheddar Waffle - Makes 10 waffles

Ingredients:
1.00 cup(s), Cheese - Cheddar
0.50 tsp(s), Granulated Garlic
.5 Cup Coconut Flour
0.50 tsp(s), Baking soda
0.50 tsp(s), Spices - Salt, table
0.50 cup(s), Butter - Salted (melted)
1.00 tsp(s), Spices - Basil, dried
8.00 large, Eggs - Whole, raw

Heat waffle iron, so it's nice and hot when you're ready to drop the batter. Beat eggs with mixer and while beating add butter. Add dry ingredients, and cheese, incorporating thoroughly. Cook waffles until toasty (the cheese in this recipe makes them crisp up nicely).

Easy Hollandaise: Makes 8 servings
1 egg yolk
1 stick butter
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp water
pinch of salt
smoked paprika, to sprinkle

This was crazy easy- kind of like making mayo. melt a stick of butter, and while that's melting away, in a wide mouth jar, combine your yolk, lemon juice, water and salt. once the butter is totally melted, allow it to cool just a little and with an immersion blender, slowly add the butter. It will emulsify beautifully, and in about 60 seconds you will have this thick, rich, heaven in your mouth sauce. Unreal.

It's a high calorie meal, to be sure- and definitely a labor intensive special occasion event, but WOW.

Nutrition breakdown:
Waffles:
0vxxmc4zbj4b.jpg

Sauce:
sea9yes153yx.jpg

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes! Thank you!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    That sounds heavenly. And no almond flour, so I can actually have it!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Yum, need to try this on a weekend! Thanks for sharing :)
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this, it sounds amazing!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    See, now you raised the bar and next Sunday's Easter brunch has to be even better! :)
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    See, now you raised the bar and next Sunday's Easter brunch has to be even better! :)

YES!!!
  • raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. I like to make (for special holiday brunch) things like scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and lemon cream, or a frittata with escarole and cheeses :)