On-the-go HF no carbs snack.

Options
MrsNonsense
MrsNonsense Posts: 55 Member
What do you eat when you want to snack but not keep adding up on that carb count?
I'm looking for high fat - 0 carbs foods I can keep around that won't require any cooking (if possible).

I'm aware of fat bombs and I'm planning on making some but I'm wondering if there's something I can have around and maybe take with me on my hikes. Easy, no cooking required (or easy cooking), 0 carbs, best if no refrigeration is required!

I cover most of my carb intake with my meals, so I'm looking for something that's 0 carbs, if possible.
The bacon I eat has no nitrites in it but it has 1 carb per slice and I also got a bit bored of eating bacon all day (never thought I'd say that).

All tips are welcome!

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I can buy little 1-oz packets of Kelapo coconut oil at Natural Grocers. Easy to take with, dump on things, or squeeze directly into mouth.

They also sell small packets of almond butter, peanut butter, etc., but those would have carbs.
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil seems the most efficient, especially if you get it in go packs like Twibbly suggested.

@twibbly, you're going to think this is funny-- I have a cat named Twibbs! Or on a good day, Sir Twibbles of Twibbleton. :)
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil seems the most efficient, especially if you get it in go packs like Twibbly suggested.

@twibbly, you're going to think this is funny-- I have a cat named Twibbs! Or on a good day, Sir Twibbles of Twibbleton. :)

That's a hoot, especially since I've gone by Twibbs and used Twibbly on here because Twibble was taken!
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind some protein, pepperoni slices could be good. Also, nuts (pecans/macadamia nuts) but those have a few carbs.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    spoonful of coconut butter with a sprinkle of ceylon cinnamon.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    oh whoops - that's 1.5 carbs per tbs. i also do just a spoonful of coconut oil sometimes
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Bridgeford Snack Sticks 100 cal 80 from fat 0 carbs 5g protein. Does not require refridgeration. Buy them at Walmart. Emerald 100 cal almonds packs also from Walmart both are grab and go...
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Vermont Real Sticks from Vermont Smoke and Cure. Like Slim Jims, but with real food. :)

Their Cracked Pepper ones (and probably a couple of the other varieties) have 0g of carbs. The BBQ ones have 2g carbs (because BBQ always has at least a little). They keep longest when chilled, but can be kept for a while at room temperature.

Jerky of any sort, provided the marinade doesn't have sugar.

Chicken skin chips or cracklings from rendering lard.
  • MrsNonsense
    MrsNonsense Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    thank you! you're all amazing :DDDD
  • credessa
    credessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    black olives are my fav
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    where do you buy the vermont real sticks??
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I've seen them at Whole Foods, if you have any of those near you.