4/7 surgery looking for buddies to add

Options
joysie1970
joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
I have a date and looking for buddies to add! I am worried I might have questions and things to talk about and I want to connect with people who know what I am going through...

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 12/16/15 feel free to add me :)
  • joysie1970
    Options
    Thank you! Congrats on your sleeve and your weight loss! I was checking out your page :) So, how are you feeling? I am starting to get anxious about how I am going to feel after - will I feel like me, sounds silly I know.
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 9/22/14, feel free to add me!
  • TryingTeresa
    TryingTeresa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was sleeved almost 2 years ago. Still working on the last 20-30lbs, but getting close to goal. Any questions, concerns - just ask - bet there's nothing I haven't thought, asked, feared and rejoiced over. Surgery has been the best thing I've ever done for myself. April 7th will be here licketty-split☺️
    Friend me. I'll help & support how ever I can!
    Teresa
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    joysie1970 wrote: »
    Thank you! Congrats on your sleeve and your weight loss! I was checking out your page :) So, how are you feeling? I am starting to get anxious about how I am going to feel after - will I feel like me, sounds silly I know.

Thanks! :) I'm feeling great! Most days I have more energy than before and I'm still feeling pretty motivated. I think a huge help with the motivation is having this site and all of the wonderful people on here who are going through similar experiences. I think it's normal to feel anxious before surgery, it's a major lifestyle adjustment, but if I definitely don't regret having surgery, I'm the healthiest now that I've been in years :) Good luck! It'll be here before you know it!
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add. Was sleeved 2/16- best decision I have done for myself (other than marrying my wonderful husband). How do I feel? Fantastic! Down almost 50 lbs from my highest weight, less pain, more energy. Not going to lie though, mentally the first few weeks were pretty rough. Physically it was a breeze. Think about things to distract yourself from food now :) that being said everyone's journey is their own. No matter what, I am so happy I had it done and would do it again! This community here is incredible and so supportive- it's one of the few who believes that success can be shared and it's not a competition. The veteran sleevers on here have incredible amounts of insight. The newbies like me have awesome positive energy. Love it here! Best of luck on your journey! Keep us updated!
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i was sleeved 3/4/15, almost 1 month post op...feel free to add me
  • joysie1970
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I am part of a great program through my surgeon but sometimes it seems a little bit like a pep rally and I want varied opinions! I really appreciate all the support! I have been on the liquid only diet for a week now and this morning tried to have breakfast with my fiance' - a poached egg and two ounces of grilled ham, it made me nauseous, I guess because I have it my head I am supposed to be on liquids. It's his birthday and he really wanted to go enjoy a diner breakfast (we live in Jersey - diner's rule the land here :smiley: ) It's a learning experience for sure. Thanks again for the support, it's really nice to have a place to go to ask questions.
  • erinmariefleming
    erinmariefleming Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, Josie - wish you all the success in the world, and to that end I've got an opinion for you that isn't a pep rally.( Got sleeved late September. I am down 100 from this time last year, 150 from my highest.) If you can't get through one week of the pre-op liquid diet without making an exception and going off program - you've got some serious work to do mentally, my friend. You're in for nothing but exceptions: birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, group outings, dinner parties, lunch meetings, office treats, stressful Monday mornings, you name it. I'm sure you've heard some negative and maybe even frightening stories involving complications - almost all of those comes from not following the rules. It is time for you to get honest and get real and to enroll everyone around you to SUPPORT you - for example, if you educated your fiance on how important it really is for you to stay on program, I doubt he'd have supported your decision to make an "exception." Know what I mean? Your friends and family are taking their cues from YOU - you've got to be the leader. And you've got to be organized and committed because the rules/program is going to change a bit every 2-3 weeks. You've got some great tools, but you've got to get your head right, sister! Feel free to add me, but obviously, put me in the tough love camp ;)
  • joysie1970
    Options
    Thanks ErinMarie, I chose to do the liquid it was not a requirement for me, I have already lost 134lbs pre-op, 25lbs since I have started with my surgeon. My heaviest weight was 387 as of this morning I was 253 - it's not that I can't get through I chose to make the exception. I should have articulated more clearly is it normal after going all liquid for so long do you get nauseous? My nutritionist is actually encouraging me to have a meal here and there with veg and protein, I have chronic gastritis and that is one of the reasons I am having the sleeve done, they have to remove my stomach walls that have scar tissue and erosion. I do appreciate your advice and your support - I have mapped out on a huge calendar what is allowed and what the rules are immediate pre-op and post op, my commitment is there, that I can assure you, I don't want to end up in the "Noncompliancesickasdoggroup!" Many many many thanks!
  • erinmariefleming
    erinmariefleming Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    er4hpegete63.jpg
    "Oh, well that's completely different. Nevermind." Awesome - good for you! I'm not surprised that you'd get a bit nauseous changing up after a week. I've only got really nauseous once, about 2 months into solid food, and a friend I was with got sick too so we assumed it was something we ate that went bad. I spent a week in NOLA two weeks ago, ate out every meal, and did fine with one exception: pine nuts. Threw them up a few hours later. The first month of solid food I got heartburn occasionally - mostly from eating too fast, no necessarily too much. I still get hiccups if I try to talk too much when I eat or if I eat too fast.

• joysie1970
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, I wake up nauseous quite often from the gastritis - so it was a little disheartening for it come on so viciously today. It's nice to hear you haven't had any problems post-op with it!!! That is my hope too! This community and reading the boards have definitely helped some of the questions I have had as surgery gets closer :smile:
  • sarimc01
    sarimc01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck. 4/3/15 will be one year for me. Feel free to add me. It is a very interesting journey. LOL
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sleeved 11/10/14. I'm not very active in the boards but I log daily and my diary is open to friends. Feel free to add me.

-Phill
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve on 9/10. Feel free to add me!
  • Sammers48220
    Sammers48220 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved 1/30/15, feel free to add me too!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve on 11/19, so just over 4 mos out now. Feel free to send a friend request. You have made great progress so far, you should be proud of what you have done. The sleeve will just be a reinforcement for you and added motivation. This place is great for questions because while no two people will have the same experience-- there is sure to be someone in the large number of people here that will have had a similar issue or question.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck! I was sleeved in April 2011 and never have regretted it!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I was sleeved in April of last year. I have lost 105 pounds since that date. My weight was 267.5. I also exercise quite a bit now. Without the exercise I wouldn't be as toned. Start by walking then add more exercises as you can. Food wise I follow the plan my Dr gave me. I don't eat any added sugar and limit the starches. Ignore the naysayers and go for what you want. I feel great! No more pain in joints, I have energy, and am down to size 8. I have 12 pounds to go to my goal. You can add me as a friend if you wish.
  • joysie1970
    Options
    Thank you all so very much! I'm getting super excited! I have had a few moments with family friends that make me just shake my head, it's so nice to be building a great support system of people who truly understand! I really appreciate you all <3 just want you to know I have been reading the boards and it's been so great to see your inspiring stories and you're all great at cheering each other on - thanks again for welcoming me in!