March 31

Options
ronercat
ronercat Posts: 273 Member
Hello all!

It is a beautiful day out here in Utah. The trees are in bloom, the birds are singing and I am not even all that bitter about being cooped inside at the moment haha. We are now officially more that halfway done with the show and that blows my mind. It feels like I have been working on it forever, but at the same time it all still seems new. Strange how things work that way.

For the next few months I am going to have to take special care with how I eat. I know that at times I can be an emotional eater and I am going to have to watch it now that my niece has a date set for her heart surgery. When she was born there was a hole in her heart and they thought that she might need surgery at the age of three months, but somehow it began to fix itself. However, it managed to fix itself too well and it began to grow an extra membrane. The good news is that she is now 7 and the surgery to remove the membrane isn't nearly as bad as the other would have been, but you still get nervous about things like this (we have the best pediatric cardiologist for her so that is nice).

How is everyone's week going so far? Karen, I am glad to hear that the issue has been cleaned up and congrats on the weight loss! Nancy, how is the new program going? Cari, hopefully things begin to smooth out for you soon. Nora, good luck with the wedding that is just around the corner! To everyone else, we miss hearing from you around here. Hopefully life is going well for all of you.

In case anyone needs to be cheered up a touch, here is a picture of our kick line.
f0pzhh2h65gd.jpg

Replies

• NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Oh, Zac, sending lots of positive thoughts going out to you, your niece, and the rest of her family.

That kick line photo is great -- just love it!

My week is going well so far. I changed one of the passwords I use multiple times a day at work to something that reminds me to eat foods that nourish me and do good things for me. I got the idea from this blog post: https://medium.com/@manicho/how-a-password-changed-my-life-7af5d5f28038 No idea if it'll really work long term, but it did motivate me yesterday to pick up some tasty, healthful things to have in the fridge at work for lunch! I really like the idea of using passwords as reminders in general, so I think I'm going to try it with a few different things.

I've not been making time for exercise lately, which I'm not terribly happy about, but life is terribly busy right now and it just had to go. Now at least it's light out late enough for me to walk home, and it's starting to warm up so I won't be freezing my tuchus off for three miles. It was raining and lightning today, so I didn't walk, but tomorrow is another day, another chance to do good things for myself!

Hope the rest of you are having a happy, productive week!
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Zac, positive energy and thoughts going out to your niece on a very successful surgical procedure!! Great photo too...my gosh you can kick high!!!

Nora...glad you will be able to get some walking into your busy life!! You go for it!!

I just finished day 4 and the exercising is killing me...not literally but OMG...today was a Pilates session....and I still have to walk to work and be able to manage to work for 9 hours! Thank God I made rounds on the units yesterday so this may be a paperwork day! lol

It is April 1 here....just before 0500am with two furballs sitting near my face as i type this!! Temp is going up here...around 87 I think....so going to be tougher to walk to work in the near future with the heat upon us!!

Have a great night and a super tomorrow!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Busy and exhausted here. Will post catch up tomorrow m. Hugs to all!

K.