Introduce yourself here!

Options
VIDiamond340
VIDiamond340 Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
I am trying to fit into my old clothes. So I am looking for ways to stay active and ways to hold myself accountable for what I eat. I'm basically trying to make a lifestyle change. let's see my go to exercises are cardio and hopefully this week I will get started with yoga.

Replies

• NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It's my shorts I'd like to get into!
  • Milotic2015
    Milotic2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would like to be at the 200 lb mark by summer so i can buy new Shorts and Tank tops.
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a crop top and shorts at the boomtown festival im going to on 13th august to 17th and nt feel like a jelly baby :P here goes!
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I have 11 pounds to get back to my adult low weight, and then 3 more to get in to the 160's for the first time ever. So 14 pounds is the goal by summer...
  • catsmeow_1
    catsmeow_1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be down 10lbs or so. Ideally I would like to be well on the way to this by my 10th anniversary trip in mid may. It's a beach vacation. I am not ready.... lol
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    To everyone like me who wants to look good in something particular for summer, good luck!
    and not feel like a jelly baby :P
    Had to laugh at this only because that's exactly how I feel when I'm in shorts!

@suruda - A very realistic goal and I'm so excited to see that it's going to something as big as your first time reaching 160!!!

@catsmeow_1 - Hopefully you'll be ready by the time it comes around! If you lose 1-2lb each week, 10lb might even happen by then, so fingers crossed for you!
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in - need to fit into my clothes again...
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Don't we all xD I refuse to buy anything bigger so I'm stuck in lounge pants and jogging bottoms - part of why I finally started mfp!
  • kamack1215
    kamack1215 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am ready for the challenge! I have a personal goal to be 160lbs by my birthday on August 19th so I am going to say I want my summer goal to be 10lbs! That is half way and will bring me to 170
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    kamack1215 wrote: »
    I am ready for the challenge! I have a personal goal to be 160lbs by my birthday on August 19th so I am going to say I want my summer goal to be 10lbs! That is half way and will bring me to 170

Brilliant! I am just about to post 1st mini challenge on the announcement board!
  • honeynutloop
    honeynutloop Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Would like to lose 17lb in the next 11 weeks but would be happy with 12. Currently 197lb and achieving either of those would make me the lightest I've been as an adult (a bit ashamed of that).
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    Would like to lose 17lb in the next 11 weeks but would be happy with 12. Currently 197lb and achieving either of those would make me the lightest I've been as an adult (a bit ashamed of that).

Don't be ashamed! Part of why I'm so anxious of the public threads is the shaming that goes on when people are new to fitness and weight loss. I had a few nasty people respond to my ignorance even though I was pretty open about calling myself dense - it nearly made me close my account on day 1! You should be proud because you are here right now putting effort into change. :sunglasses:
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Greg..45, married, one son age 9 central Ohio area.
    Joined MFP when I got a wakeup call that I was "borderline" for type 2 diabetes.

When I joined MFP, I weighed 264 pounds...currently 225.2...final goal is 150 when it's all done.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @GBrady43068 Hey Greg, any idea how much you'd like to lose in the next 11 weeks? You've done fantastic losing the first 38.8lb so far! :smile:
  • LoeshaElizabeth
    LoeshaElizabeth Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    yes i definitely agree with the public shaming, i was made to feel an idiot for asking abut sugar intake earlier. and a couple days ago when my net was low i was told to eat some icecream, very supportive!
  • NotQuiteNorm
    Options
    yes i definitely agree with the public shaming, i was made to feel an idiot for asking abut sugar intake earlier. and a couple days ago when my net was low i was told to eat some icecream, very supportive!

It's really astonishing how often I see stuff like that and experience it! They all seem to gang up on people too I've noticed with lots of jeering at honest questions!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - just stumbled across this group - it's exactly what I need! Love the mini-challenges, I tend to 'behave' better when challenged, but committing to something for 30 consecutive days it tough, life always seems to get in the way!

While my ultimate GW is 135#, I've got (what I hope is) a short term goal of attaining 140# and maintaining for 2 weeks. Then I've promised myself all new undies, haha! I recently came down past the double digits in clothing and cleaned out my closet by about 1/3. All those empty hangers are begging to be filled, but not until I hit GW :)

Count me in for Challenge #2!