MARCH 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    If you bike and want a bit of an extra push/reward system this summer, here's a challenge for you.
    https://nationalbikechallenge.org/about

There is even a MFP team still.
    Here's the link to the group: https://nationalbikechallenge.org/team/5521

There is a thread for it in the Fitness and Exercise Forum

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10124624/national-bike-challenge-2015?new=1
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    6 miles to end this month on an even number. I even ran 2 of them in a row :smiley: - not a distance runner although it felt like quite a distance in the middle of it. I was happy with the time. Gorgeous, breezy day, one of my remaining few before back to that circle of h3LL known as work, on Friday. Being off for the past three weeks and adding miles 20/21 days really adds up.

Couch time ...

exercise.png
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ... there goes the streak :( I really wanted to run today to finish out the month but literally had no energy so am leaving myself 6 miles short!

Next month the streak starts again ...

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    Exercise total for

3/31

Exercise bike 20.08 miles and walk 1.25 miles

Total 21.23 miles for today

1111.71 miles done (personal best for months total miles) and 111.71 miles over goal...
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »
    Ok, so maybe you got the theme here. Of course I love all you @ss movers, but I have a special place in my heart for the distance runners. Especially the ones who are trying things they didn't think they could do.

As for me, I got in a 21 mile long run today. It's less than 4 weeks now to my marathon and I hope that's it for the big runs. Through the whole thing I've been afraid to look ahead at the training program for fear I'd be frightened away by how hard it is, but I've made it this far and the taper can't be far now. *crosses fingers and toes* Total for month is 157 and it's all running *wipes sweat from brow* I'm pretty sure that's my high water mark for a month. And I actually skipped a 6 miler because I really needed an extra day off.

It is amazing what one can push the body to do. I took up running at the age 59....lol. Wish it had been sooner in life but I am going to fight for every mile along life's journey. I honestly am not sure my knee could hold up to a marathon after surgery last year. It has been a long haul back from this injury and I just give God thanks for allowing me to run again. I would miss it terribly and my bike too.
    All the best with your marathon JTH11706!
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    3/31 - 1.22 miles walking

MTD - 52.61
    YTD - 113.2 :)
  • clepant
    Options
    March 31: 8.55 miles 5.05 running and 3.5 walking
    TTD: 318.25 miles crossing the finish line.

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options
    @Ceci_O_K:

I sure hope you are okay and not too sore. Not having my shoes uncliphas always been my nightmare. I have been so reluctant to get clips for that very reason.
  • angelmo8
    angelmo8 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    3/31- 2 miles running

exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 10 miles to finish off my March. I made goal!! YIPPEE!! Bring on April! :)

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    Options
    Hit the sidewalk early this morning...wind was pretty fierce but felt good about 10 minutes into my walk! Then I hit the gym for 40 minutes with our trainer. I picked up Bean in the afternoon and then completed another challenge with some weights. It's been a great day!

Tues - 8.12 miles

exercise.png

Squeaked in there with a tiny bit to spare!!

Hope everyone has a great April!

Chris
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    3/30 - 1.05 mile walk
    3/31 - 1.05 mile walk

oJjKm6.png

Made goal :D
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Adding 6.5 miles today to finish the month with 87.6 miles done.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Today was my birthday & I got another grandson. I sooooo wanted a granddaughter beings this is my third grandson & this is their last child but God knows best! I think he's BEAUTIFUL and I will LOVE him like the other two!
    I rode 7 before work & pushed the middle grandson in the jogger for 1.5 after work!

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Finishing the month with 2m walked on 03/30.

And please adjust my totals to 224.7 total miles, NOT 250 as previously reported. sorry for the confusion.

exercise.png

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

CONGRATS to those now making GOAL!!! CARLSODA, SUPERFOX12082, JULIEANN72, SUFFERLANDRIAN, ROCKANN16, CPANUS, JENNWHITE34 and FUTURE_ROCKSTAR!!! :star::star:

CECI_O_K - OUCH! Glad you're not seriously hurt and don't appear to have broken anything! I've done that a couple times before too and that does NOT feel good. I think sometimes the worst part was looking around and wondering if anybody saw me do it. :blush:

KAR328 - It's been THREE WEEKS ALREADY?!?!?!? :o Wow, seems like you just started your vacation! But I probably don't need to tell you* that....sorry. :flowerforyou: Very nice work this month, exercise-wise though!

BELLE_74 - You still had a great month! I know if you had the energy you would've done it today, but listening to your body when it truly tells you no is a good thing. Keeps you from getting injured and sick. You'll get it next month! :smile:

LOVEMYALEX - WOW, 1112 miles!!! That is amazing!!! :drinker:

VHUBER - You were doubly blessed today!! Happy Birthday and congratulations on the wonderful new addition to your family with the latest grandson! :flowerforyou:

CALLIOPE610 - No worries, I adjusted your total...but that strawberry in your profile pic....ouch! You okay???

Another great month going down in the books!
    Dave
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »

Yesterday's planned 20 mile bike ride was cut short when I took a nasty fall at an intersection. (Couldn't get my left foot unclipped, which of course means that's the way the bike went!) Hit hard on my left hand. I don't think I broke anything, but it sure is sore! It shouldn't interfere with the running, but I will probably be off the bike for a while. :-1: Anyway, managed to get 16.57 miles.

Ouch! Hope you're OK. I've done that. My first thought was, "Did anyone see that?" and my second was, "Did I hurt my bike?" I should have asked myself if anything was broken first. :smile: I hope some anti-inflammatory meds and some TLC makes the wrist OK. Any road scraped knees or elbows?
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Well, Dave - I came on to update the spreadsheet since I'm back from vacation, but you had already done it for tonight. Thanks, man! I can resume my normal schedule now. Thanks for covering while I was gone.

I've missed all you wonderful people - and looking forward to April.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.7 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.