Stalled for 6 months now :/

Options
eraser51
eraser51 Posts: 63 Member
Hey

I am stalled for 6 months now on Atkins despite trying different kcal amounts and different macro ratios :/

no clue anymore...
I started working out again (finally) and doing stretching (yoga) but still nothing or not much at all (-200g).

I am in ketosis since.. dunno.. 3 weeks or so...

Any ideas?

Do you guys get more protein and less fat for faster weight loss?
Did you lower kcal?
how much is ok?

Replies

• AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I find that if I eat more than 70g protein per day, I stall. I also find that if I have things like cured meats, cheese, cream, and diet soda, it stalls my weight loss too. Eventually I will stop drinking diet soda but right now it is my crutch. I've seen people do zero carb for a couple days to about a week to break their plateau, but haven't tried it myself. I don't really pay attention to calories, I just eat when I'm hungry, and use a lot of fat. I try to shoot for 85% fat for the day, but a lot of times it ends up being 70%-80%. I've read that some people stall for 3 months. If you don't have any food sensitivites like I do, then stalls mean your body is repairing itself after losing some weight. Don't get discouraged though, just keep it high fat and try something different.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It would depend on how much more you have to lose... I do lower fat 65% and moderate protein, but enough to fuel my work outs. I also pay attention to portion sizes and cals. When I stall it is because I am not measuring (eating out more), or indulging too much with peanut butter and cheeses.
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When did you see your doctor? Seems VERY odd that you could be in Keto for 6 months without losing weight--unless you are eating too many proteins? or fats? Maybe a medical review is in order?