3. Resistance training
4. Be kind to yourself
5. Eat and drink to nourish your body

Replies

• leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    1. Get comfortable being uncomfortable - push yourself out of your comfort zone, work a little harder, go that extra mile. You will not achieve great results by being comfortable. I've embraced the feeling of hunger, not starvation but the hunger I feel by cutting my calories. It's ok, it is good for my body. I love the pain when I'm working out and pushing myself that little bit more, each day.

2. We have posted our "whys" this is so important to know and feel, perhaps we always knew but by having someone ask, it became crystal clear in your mind. This is personal for everyone and should be the reason that keeps you strong, determined and focused.

3. Resistance training - you do not (and should not) start by lifting heavy weights, that is not what I mean. There are many YouTube videos on resistance training, you can use resistance bands, light 5 lb weights. You need to keep your muscles active and building for optimal health. Please do not do just cardio alone, implement some form of resistance training to start. You will lose inches faster by increasing your metabolism and building a powerhouse for yourself!

4. Be kind to yourself. Your success starts with your mindset. Are you hating on yourself for your current situation? Are you walking around beating yourself up for mistakes? This has to change. We are only human and we make mistakes, we feel pain and we all handle that in different ways. I used to run to fettucini alfredo after a bad day. When I see someone morbidly obese, I immediately feel bad for that person because I know they are fighting a lot of pain from within. To achieve weight loss success, you need to believe that you can. Let's take this day by day. Making great decisions and choices each day. You can and you will do this. ~ believe ~

5. Eat and drink to nourish your body. Your body is your temple, how do you treat it? Your body is comprised of beautiful living organs just waiting for nutrition, not diet Pepsi. How are your treating your greatest asset, you? There are times to celebrate and indulge however, we need to save it for those days. Most of the time, we need to be nourishing our bodies. Feeding it clean, whole foods. Of course, lots of veggies and fruit, water. Pop is not good, pure chemicals. If you are a pop drinker, try and start to cut back day by day, it is an addiction in itself. How much water area you drinking? Water to our bodies is fuel to a car. Get your water in you! There are times to celebrate, rich foods, red wine, life happens but save it for special times. Not every time we are at a restaurant for dinner is it a time to celebrate ( although I can see why since someone besides me is cooking!).

With tools like Instagram, Pinterest there are so many great, free resources to find new clean, healthy recipes.

Best xo
  • kellysamsmom
    kellysamsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fantastic tips.....and ones I need to reread every few weeks....easy to forget the basics! Great post :)