Back on track

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
its been a bust four days. I have kept up with my workouts, but the nutrition side went downhill with birthday cake. Tomorrow is a new day and will be back on track tomorrow. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I started the 21 day Fix...just did day 2 of the exercise program, and this is day two of the eating program. Did not do the eating 100%, but i did well anyway. Stayed within my calorie range. I am going to really try hard and not weigh myself for one week. Very hard for me to attempt this...but will give it a shot!

Julie...if I am just starting out...what would you consider a 'heavy weight' and a light weight for this exercise program. I am using 2.5 kgs as the heavy ones and 1.5 as the light ones.... are these too heavy for a beginner?

And after the first day, yesterday, my BUM ached all day at work...like I pulled a muscle. This morning it is better, but after the upper fix this morning, I am surely going to pay for it later today!! LOL
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    When I first began lifting I used 3 lb weights. Now I had never lifted before a day in my life so I was a little scared of it all. I then quickly realized this weight was too light. I went to 5 lbs each and then moved up to 8 lbs when I felt the others were too light. In this instance use the weight you feel most comfortable with. You don't want to go too heavy because you could risk injury. Stay with light weight until you feel comfortable to move up.

You are going to feel sore for the first few days until you get used to the program. This is normal. Drink plenty of water and get up and move around as much as possible as well. That will help with the soreness. I hope this has helped and great job on day 2.
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    I started the 21 day Fix...just did day 2 of the exercise program, and this is day two of the eating program. Did not do the eating 100%, but i did well anyway. Stayed within my calorie range. I am going to really try hard and not weigh myself for one week. Very hard for me to attempt this...but will give it a shot!

Julie...if I am just starting out...what would you consider a 'heavy weight' and a light weight for this exercise program. I am using 2.5 kgs as the heavy ones and 1.5 as the light ones.... are these too heavy for a beginner?

And after the first day, yesterday, my BUM ached all day at work...like I pulled a muscle. This morning it is better, but after the upper fix this morning, I am surely going to pay for it later today!! LOL

Great job on the start of the program!!! I need to get in gear on following it close. This weekend for me wasn't the best. Didn't drink enough water and had a couple bad choices. But gotta keep my focus starting today and brought the eating plan with me today to look through again. I can run to the store on my lunch hour to get some additional items I need to put this thing in play tomorrow. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!! I get in moments of doubting myself which makes it hard to get going or like making bad choices in food like I did over the weekend. Now to get back on track!!
  • catladyksa
    Options
    mallen40 wrote: »

I KNOW I CAN DO THIS!! I get in moments of doubting myself which makes it hard to get going or like making bad choices in food like I did over the weekend. Now to get back on track!!

YES you can do this!!! You go girl!!

Thanks for the info Julie. May stick with what I have. I also have the stretch bands if I need to revert to them.
  • mallen40
    Options
    I also got my Fitbit and began using it today. Since I have a desk job it keeps a small voice in my head to tell me to get up and move some. And gives me a daily goal to try to reach for each day with just steps.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Melissa I know you Dan do it. Look at all you have overcome already. I have no doubt you will get back on track and stay there. We all make bad choices from time to time. Chalk it up as a cheat day and don't punish yourself. It's ok. We can all do this together.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    You can get back on track Melissa...just one step at a time!!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    It's so important to have the right support. When you don't most people are set up for failure. Melissa I have no doubt you are right where you need to be.
  • mallen40
    Options
    Julie20fan wrote: »
    It's so important to have the right support. When you don't most people are set up for failure. Melissa I have no doubt you are right where you need to be.

Thanks guys for the confidence in me. I just need to keep focused and quit getting on the scale everyday. That's what kills me. I was talking to a friend last night and made me realize a couple of things. It's not the weight but how I look and feel. I can drop inches all over the place and feel great even at the weight I am at. I decided to set a small weight loss goal of 5 lbs. once I get there then try another 5. Each time examine my self and start taking measurements. That's the one thing I can never remember!
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Sounds like something I should do also. I am just finishing up almost a week of not weighing myself Melissa...and believe me...it has been hard...but I just put the scale away and made the decision. I am taking baby steps too!! I am not sure I lost this week, but as you have said...I too am going to start to measure myself more and see if the inches are coming off. Heres hoping the best for us!!!!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    It's so important to take your before pictures and measurements. This way you can look back see even the small improvements. The scale is an enemy to anyone trying to become healthier and why many fail at getting to their goal. Put that scale up somewhere so you will not use it. Throw it away if you have too. Go by how your clothes are fitting. Are they becoming a little big, how are you sleeping, how is your mood, do you feel better now you are on this lifestyle track? These are the things to consider. If you haven't done so then take those before pictures and measurements. You both can do this.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    I took those photos.....I think they would qualify for a 'horror' movie..they are horrific, could scare anyone to death!! But I did it!! Measurements were done too! Thanks for the tips Julie!!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    You are most welcome. I'm glad you did it and when you look back you are going to be so thankful. You crack me up. You are beautiful on the inside and out. You are just refining.