How to Reduce Muscle Soreness

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
I know you are experiencing some muscle soreness Nancy and thought of you when I read this article. I hope this helps in giving you some ideas on how to reduce it.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/teambeachbodyblog/fitness/4-strategies-reduce-muscle-soreness?ICID=CT_BLOG_MUSCLE_SORE

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    thanks Julie...i actually started to take a handful of blueberries in my food for the past 4 days since starting the 21 day FIX. I have not totally stuck to the 'containers', but am doing my best to stay within their limits. I just find it time consuming to chop, etc which I know is not the attitude to adapt. I have completed day 4 of the FIX exercise program...and my muscles are killing me...I had no idea of the way it would literally be a pain in the butt! And today was the pilaites....OMG...aching all over my body!!! I wonder if the 5th day 10 min Abd Fix is only 10 minutes?? If it is should i be doing something else to make it 30 minutes?? I am a bit confused, but have not watched the entire dvd yet.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    thanks Julie...i actually started to take a handful of blueberries in my food for the past 4 days since starting the 21 day FIX. I have not totally stuck to the 'containers', but am doing my best to stay within their limits. I just find it time consuming to chop, etc which I know is not the attitude to adapt. I have completed day 4 of the FIX exercise program...and my muscles are killing me...I had no idea of the way it would literally be a pain in the butt! And today was the pilaites....OMG...aching all over my body!!! I wonder if the 5th day 10 min Abd Fix is only 10 minutes?? If it is should i be doing something else to make it 30 minutes?? I am a bit confused, but have not watched the entire dvd yet.

PS I found my lighter weights...have a set of 3 lbs so that should help me as I only had the 2.5 kgs!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    The 10 minute ab fix is only an extra workout. For the first 2 weeks you will be working off the same schedule. Then the last week is different. You should be doing a 30 minute workout each day and if you want to add the 10 minute abs you can.

I remember when I did that program I was sore as well. Drink plenty of fluids and make sure you are moving around during the day. Sitting for long periods of time does not help. It's good to be sore, but not so sore that you cannot move around. If you feel you need to make some modifications then please do that. This way you are still working out. How are you feeling about the program so far?
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Well I don't remember reading about the 10 minute abd being an extra workout..so I only did it this morning and too late to get a 30 minute workout in before work! Wish that was explained or if it was I missed it! So far except for that glitch it is ok....sore everywhere. Guess I will try to get a 30 minute in when I get home, but that is hard to do, I am exhausted when I get home big time! Thanks for checking on me!!
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    Well I don't remember reading about the 10 minute abd being an extra workout..so I only did it this morning and too late to get a 30 minute workout in before work! Wish that was explained or if it was I missed it! So far except for that glitch it is ok....sore everywhere. Guess I will try to get a 30 minute in when I get home, but that is hard to do, I am exhausted when I get home big time! Thanks for checking on me!!

One thing that helps me when my muscles are sore is using bands to stretch. Julie is correct about to keep moving. It gives the muscles time to tighten up. If you work out in the morning try just some light stretching at night before going to bed. It also helps to relax.
    Great job at sticking with it. The whole thing will become a habit before you know it.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Here's hoping it will become a habit!! I will do the stretching in a few minute before I go to bed and see how that goes! Thanks for the suggestion!! My butt is really killing me....did not know I had muscles back there...thought it was pure fat!!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Lol Nancy! That happens to me every time I start a new program. I am sore in places I didn't know could get sore. When I first started doing yoga I thought there was no way I could get sore from just doing stretching exercises. Boy was I ever wrong. I could not walk for a week. Needless to say I had a new found respect for yoga. I still love it to this day.