Does anyone have some good tips to stay motivated? (in need of lots of help)

Options
danitxx
danitxx Posts: 15 Member
I have been slacking on my exercises so much lately. After finally braking that 300 pound mark i juggled 296 for the longest time. Then i fell WAY behind on my exercises then the emotional eating came. bumped myself up to 302 and now im at a loss for words. My doctor was really mad she wanted to put me in a regular exercising class but im not the class kind of gal. I use to walk 2 miles a day 3 to 4xs a week and now i just have 0 motivation. A little energy is there inside me i just need to find a way to GET UP AND DO SOMETHING!
Does anyone have any tips please???

my goal is to get a regular exercise routine and be able to handle school also. (i'm a college student)

i would also like to get to 286 pounds within the next couple of months.

Replies

• Cherona37
    Cherona37 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem about lack of motivation to exercise. I go through periods where I will exercise everyday and then stop for awhile because I' m busy & it's so hard to get back into it. I have found that the only thing that get's me back into it is literally mind over body. I have to force myself to start exercise again & I'll hate it for the first few days but then I start feeling really good & it motivates me to continue. Just go for it! Say to yourself, "I will go for that walk" & go no matter what you feel like...even if it's only for a few minutes. It might just give you that motivation to go longer next time & you'll be so proud of yourself for doing it. I also find my diet really contributes to my motivation. If I start my day off with bad food, I feel bad the rest of the day & have no desire to exercise. Decide that today will be the start of a new you, new habits & be proud of how far you've come. We all have setbacks in our weight loss journeys but don't let it make you give up. Every day is new day, so decide to kick that weight in the butt starting right now! Best of luck!!
  • cruisingthrough
    cruisingthrough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know its kinda hard with class schedules (I'm a student as well) but I find going to gym on impulse when you can is super helpful. For example, when you wake up, if you say to yourself "today is gonna be a good day" and genuinely believe it, work out right then and there! Or go walking, or to the gym, whatever. If throughout the day you're bored and want to distract yourself from homework or work (me constantly lol) just work out a little and come back to your homework. Even if it's a little bit and in spurts, it'll train you to see perfect opportunities for when to work out :)
    And then eventually it becomes second-nature to want to work out because your body is used to feeling so good. ♥
  • nickimeade
    nickimeade Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi - Motivation to exercise is so hard, especially at the higher weights as we put that much more effort into it, tire easier, and have more pain / exhaustion after. Add in a busy schedule and forget about it. But honestly, exercising will not make you lose weight. We have to change our eating. Because we have BED it's a sensitive subject to talk about restricting food, but the only way to shed pounds is to reduce the amount of carbs and increase the amount of protein and good veggies. Not easy, when there are chocolate bunnies staring at you just begging to be eaten. I know. We all find our own levels of comfort when we are ready. One thing I do to help keep me motivated is use Instagram and post photos of my meals with a ton of healthy hashtags including #eatingdisorder #bingeeating #recovery, etc. I have found a community of others working on eating disorders and sharing the food removes the shame and also encourages me to make healthier choices. It also slows me down because I know I'll be taking a photo and recording the food here, on MFP, so, I am forced to wait to eat. Little tricks help. That one works for me. Just keep moving, keep trying, keep asking for help. xo