I've touched the bottom

Options
Krofnica29
Krofnica29 Posts: 3 Member
Hi to everyone,

My story is just like many others but even so i can't manage to solve my weight problem.
I've been fat whole my life, but now i've lost control over it.
I have health problems, with my 18 years...its hipertensio, everyday headaches and i'm tired the most of the day. Today i've surpassed myself. I have money from scholarship and i've bought computer but i have to pay it ever month (i don't know word in English for that kind of payment). And, i know that every month i get exactly that much money that i must give for my computer...but i've gone to fastfood and eated so much pancakes and i were sick after it.
I cant believe what i've done...it's just like i couldnt control myself...
I'm so sad and depressed and frustrated...i wanna be healthy...but it looks like that circle of eating-feeling guilty cannot be broken.

I really need suport and advices what to do to surpass this. :neutral:
Sorry for my bad English

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You felt under stress and you turned to food to relieve that stress. Its learnt behaviour, I have been like that. You can change it requires learning to do something else or just feel those feelings, write them down. It isn't easy, but nothing in life is easy really.
  • sueatherbest
    sueatherbest Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Live your life One day at a time, too. You seem to be pretty smart and your English is not bad! You are making those payments for your computer, try not to let it worry you. For today, try to focus on your studies and prepare for tomorrow by planning your meals.
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time. Maybe eat your meal earlier so that you don't get really hungry and end up over-eating. Also start having sliced vegetables and stuff you like so that you can snack on that. mini cucumbers and sliced bell peppers are nice. Boiled eggs are filling and good to eat when you are hungry. Try having some grapes or cherries or whatever fruit you like. You can also make a cabbage or vegetable home made soup and eat lots of that. Cabbage soup made with chicken stock and carrots and a variety of vegetables can be delicious and tasty when you want to eat. Protein is more filling, so try and go for meals with more protein.

Also wheat can be an issue for some people so replace that with rye and rye crispbreads, Swedish style or whatever like that. Some science tv show talked a lot about soup as being very filling.

Some people make their own vegetable smoothies too. Try experimenting with ideas. Also allow yourself maybe a 300 calories a day for treats so that you don't feel deprived. Track your meals each day on here. Good luck with it.
  • kmoore049
    Options
    I know it sounds a little crazy, but dollar stores offer fresh fruits and veggies that are the surplus from grocery stores. I live on a very tight budget with my fiance, and I understand where you are.
    Your stressed. And fast food is easy. And time in not on your side considering school and work and bills!

Here is what I've been doing this year, and I've lost 7 lbs. It's baby steps, but we only spend about $150 every two weeks! That's $10 a day.

Stick to Winco, Food 4 Less, etc. They offer inexpensive fruits and veggies, but FIRST try your local 99cent store. Always have snacks on hand, and make it a slow habit to stop eatting out.

I ALWAYS have oatmeal at work, or yogurt in my work fridge. It took me a while, but I'm used to is and I vowed to never spend money on breakfast and to always pack it.

Good luck! Start with the baby steps and you can totally do this!