Question regarding bread

dvcoeliah
dvcoeliah Posts: 2 Member
Hi Karen I am excited about my 30 minute walk yesterday and mommy did 15 minutes she is so excited. Question- because we are not eating bread is it because of carbs and is pasta allowed?

Replies

• getfitwithkaren
    getfitwithkaren Posts: 24 Member
    Hi Coliah! So glad you and mommy took part in the walk. You were two of countless others in the United States yesterday. ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION: Let's not think too deeply on the no bread, no fried challenge. Yes its true, bread is considered a carbohydrate (carb), however the focus is not on controlling carb intake, it's ONLY on bread & fried foods. All other carbs are allowed right now. We're are dealing with controlled carbs at a future time. So ENJOY YOUR PASTA, but NO FRENCH BREAD with that young lady.
  • biggjenn
    biggjenn Posts: 58 Member
    Good to know, I had the same question as well. Luckily, bread and fried foods are not my vice, so these 3 days have been relatively easy. Now for other carbs....won't be so easy. :-)
  • getfitwithkaren
    Yes, we thought we'd start the challenge on an easy note. Most people don't eat many fried foods anymore. But I was at Annapolis Mall yesterday and walked by Sbarros. Forgot about the Challange and almost bought a slice of pizza. I had skipped a couple of meals and was starving and was actually disappointed when reality struck that I couldn't have the pizza. But I pushed passed the desire and kept it moving. So glad I did. I would have hated to have to report to you guys that messed up. So far so good it seems for everyone as far as I can see. Great job Team! This is the last day and for the next two days you get to have anything you want. :) Yes!
  • getfitwithkaren
    Sure is quiet around here! Who messed up? I want to hear from someone who messed up and ate some bread and/or fried food. How did you feel afterward? Get honest... don't be scared. LOL
  • I did great with the no fried foods no bread.. as you know, that is not my vice anyway.