What are your favorite workouts?

Options
Hello! Let's share what our favorite are and how it makes us feel. Let's also share our least favorite exercise.

Well, I have discovered Yoga! I absolutely love yoga. It's always a bit challenging, but I always feel relaxed and content afterwards. I haven't joined any classes, but in the future I would love to. So, I find workouts on YouTube and follow along. My favorite are the yoga workouts from YogaWithAdrienne. I subscribed to her page and I have been doing her yoga almost daily. It's addicting! I highly recommend her.

I also go on the stationary bike. It is my least favorite exercise. It has been getting a little boring since I have been going on it almost every day. I have decided to just do 30 minutes of cycling every other day or so, just so I can vary my exercises.

Replies

• curryspicegirl
    curryspicegirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try to go to the gym, I then do 45 mins cardio and about 15-20 mins freeweights.
    However, since I have 2 little kids, getting out of the house has been a challenge, and I started doing youtube exercise videos.

My favorite are XHIT - I usually pick a cardio one to start with (about 20 mins) and add 3 or 4 other videos (10 min abs, Miley Cyrus legs, Victoria Secret butt, etc.) and depending on my mood I can do as many or as few as I want. It's cool because they are short, so I don't commit to a 50 minut workout.
  • Esther_Crosbie96
    Esther_Crosbie96 Posts: 28
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I will try out XHIT. I like Bob Harper's workouts and also the exercises from Jillian Michaels. Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba!
  • Esther_Crosbie96
    Options
    Sounds fun! I think some time I should try Zumba :)
  • Womaniamnew
    Womaniamnew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do all home work out programs. Currently I'm doing 21 day fix but I really want to get into lifting so I'm starting a challenge group on the 20th where some of us will be working out to 21 day fix, others PiYo and Chalene extreme. I'm also training for my 2nd 5k with a few other ladies and I love any workout I can do outdoors.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    My favourite exercises involve a sword in my hand as I do fencing. This year I discovered MMA fitness classes and love those sweat sessions. They are really helping my fencing lots and my pants all fall down if I don't wear a belt these days. Plus I keep finding new muscles peeking out of my fat.

I'm trying to start running and want to be able to run 5k by the time my MMA club have their race, sometime next month.
  • Esther_Crosbie96
    Options
    My favourite exercises involve a sword in my hand as I do fencing. This year I discovered MMA fitness classes and love those sweat sessions. They are really helping my fencing lots and my pants all fall down if I don't wear a belt these days. Plus I keep finding new muscles peeking out of my fat.

I'm trying to start running and want to be able to run 5k by the time my MMA club have their race, sometime next month.

How did you discover fencing? It sounds interesting :)
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I walk, dance and since I have a trampoline, I also jump. Fun activities like that. Some mornings I do a bit of yoga.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    How did you discover fencing? It sounds interesting :)

I always thought it would be fun but there were no clubs in my town. Friends heard about a club starting and went to see what it was about. I saw them later that day and casually asked what they had done in the morning. They had no idea I had been so interested. I joined the club and they started playing bagpipes! I then discovered my gran used to fence. Two and a half years down the road now and my goal at the moment is to get into Top 15 in my country. Got to 17 last year! I absolutely love fencing, it has been a major reason for many of the healthy changes I have made in my life.
  • louiseyates1
    louiseyates1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Before having my most recent baby I loved insanity (I love a really tough workout)

Since having Sebastian I now go to the gym and try and do 15 mins on the bike, followed by 30 mins jogging 6/7mph on inclines of 6%,8%, then 10% (10mins each) then cross trainer 15 mins. I spoke to a PT yesterday and now I have 20 mins of weight training to incorporate 3x a week (I try and go 6x a week (unless they close for bank hols etc))

I do have the Gillian Michaels DVDs but found them to be a little easy. But they are great for beginners or people with difficulties such as weak ankles/knees etc - Insanity is very hard on your knees

Lou
  • astridlu
    astridlu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am a hoarder of workout ideas on pinterest. I like muscle building exercises because I feel like I really get something quantifiable out of it - even if it doesn't make me beautiful it'll still make me stronger :smile:

I follow Cassey Ho on youtube. She does fun short pilates routines that you can mix and match, which is perfect for people with a short attention span.