Introduce yourselves here!

Options
What's your inspirations for losing weight this month? Mine is to feel healthier and to conquer this addiction I have with binge eating. I hate waking up in the morning and feeling sick. This requires lots of self-control in which I need to practice...
This month I want to really focus on "Do what feels good." I do want to lose about 5 pounds this April, but what's more important is to feel good. Does yoga help you feel relaxed? Does cycling make you feel powerful? Does strength training make you feel strong and invincible?
We need to focus less on the outcome of our journey. We need to focus on the now. Without making this weight loss/strength journey fun and enjoyable, then how are we going to reach our goals?
Let's share about our journey.

Replies

• MrPresidentOBrien
    MrPresidentOBrien Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Sean, I'm from WV.

What's your inspirations for losing weight this month?
    This is my birth month and my last month at my internship, so my motivation is to end thing well and to feel confident and look good for my birthday.

I am in a very similar situation to you Esther, I am an addicted binge eater (I even looked in to joining overeaters anonymous it is so bad at times) and I want to focus on feeling good not just dieting. If you need any support, a high five for not binging, or just someone to commiserate with, let me know!
  • kristymcniel1
    kristymcniel1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristy from CA.

I am 25 and I am also very addicted to food and binge eating. I over eat and always feel miserable. I am a mom of 3 and have lost all confidence in myself. Pre-baby body was never amazing but I was never over weight. It has been a little over a year since the birth of my last baby and I just kept gaining and gaining. My goal is to lose 10 lbs this month and my motivation is my kids. I have three very active boys and I would like to be able to run and play with them one day without feeling as though I am going to faint. :)
  • Esther_Crosbie96
    Options
    Hi! I am Sean, I'm from WV.

What's your inspirations for losing weight this month?
    This is my birth month and my last month at my internship, so my motivation is to end thing well and to feel confident and look good for my birthday.

I am in a very similar situation to you Esther, I am an addicted binge eater (I even looked in to joining overeaters anonymous it is so bad at times) and I want to focus on feeling good not just dieting. If you need any support, a high five for not binging, or just someone to commiserate with, let me know!

Hi. It's very good to know that there are others who can relate to my addiction. We have each other to motivate and cheer up!
  • Ciler_mcj
    Ciler_mcj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi. my name is ciler and my inspirations is I want to look and feel good and I want 2 piece bathing suit (maybe)lol plus my husband gone out of state for 2 month's and I told my self this is the perfect time to lose some weight and surprise him and my self ;)
    I always quit after few workouts but i can't this time i need to do this and i hope with yall help i will, and i will try to help yall anyway i can.. Thank you and Good luck to all of us :)
  • kristymcniel1
    Options
    Esther and Mr President. Do you guys mind sharing your strategies on how to control the binge eating? any thing that is working for you?
  • curryspicegirl
    curryspicegirl Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Guys! I'm Joanna, from MA.

I am 5'3" and quite petite, but after this nasty New England winter have put on some flab around my waist. I am going to a conference next Sunday (4/12) and am desperate to make my normal clothes fit me. I would love to go back to my favorite weight, 115 lbs, I am currently at 121. At this point though, I'll take a few pounds and if the bloating would go away, it would be terrific.
    I exercise regularly, have been doing youtube workouts (XHIT are awesome) as well as going to the gym. I have 2 little kids, so it's been tricky.
    However, what I think has helped the most (I lost 2 lbs in the past 2 days) is logging the food... I have never in the past kept it up in MFP, because I snack a lot, but boy, it's made a huge difference. I have actually not eaten stuff, or ate smaller portions, only because I was embarrassed to log them :blush:
  • Esther_Crosbie96
    Options
    Esther and Mr President. Do you guys mind sharing your strategies on how to control the binge eating? any thing that is working for you?

Well, I am still struggling with binge eating. It was just yesterday that I had an episode. Today, so far, I am doing well eating healthily. I am focusing on fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • Esther_Crosbie96
    Options
    It takes a lot of self-control to fight this problem. Maybe when you feel the urge to binge try something else. Maybe go for a walk, garden... Just do something that will get your mind off of eating. It will take practice.
  • astridlu
    astridlu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Astrid from Maryland. I'm 19, and I want to take advantage of myfitnesspal and communities like this one to lose weight and gain muscle in a controlled and healthy way. I've dealt with some disordered eating behaviors in the past (binge-eating, not eating, purging, you name it :neutral: ), and I want to get a healthy, good-looking body without triggering any of that nasty stuff. I'm pretty small as is, so I'd like to lose about 5 pounds (or maybe if I gain muscle I won't lose any weight at all, that would be okay too).

I'm also motivated to look good in a bikini this spring/summer, but hopefully this lifestyle change will be as good for my mental and physical health as it is for my vanity :D
  • curryspicegirl
    curryspicegirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's hard. I sometimes ask myself if it's worth it. I have experience post- binge guilt so many times that I have an easy time visualizing it :) also I try to replace a binge with fruit tea, it takes longer to drink. Or I would take the unhealthy food I want to binge on and put small portions in a container- I still get to eat it but a controlled portion
  • astridlu
    astridlu Posts: 6 Member
    Options

My eating problems haven't been exclusively with binge eating, so this might not work for you, but personally when I feel the urge coming on I watch health food cooking videos on youtube. I know that sounds kind of ridiculous, but basically if I can redirect my cravings to something healthier then the damage is much less. You can't always stop yourself from binge eating, but I find it's often possible to binge on things that won't make you *quite* as sick. Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but it is a good trick to know about :)
  • White_Rabbit13
    White_Rabbit13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I had lost 18 lbs in 2013 and ended up gaining 30 backbecauseiwas tired of plain healthy foods when everyone else is eating double cheeseburgers around me. I was already overweight to begin with. I keep trying to lose weight but I lose motivation. I am the only one trying to lose weight of all my family and friends. I am an emotional eater which doesn't help when you are bi-polar. I end up losing a little then gaining if back telling myself I can lose it again next week.... next month.... never happens. I have a gym membership. I have gone once. I have gone to zumba twice this week though. I just hurt so much that I want to quit.
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My name is Sunny and My original goal was to lose 22 pounds.... I joined MFP and lost about 11 pounds. Only 11 more to go!
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm not a binge eater, but I binge watch tv daily. I need more exercise :D
  • shannonstube
    shannonstube Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shannon. My overall goal is to lose 45 pounds and I have lost 19 so far. My inspiration aside from just generally looking and feeling better is my sister's wedding in October. With about 25 pounds to go, I am going to aim for a 5-6 pound loss in April.
  • kristymcniel1
    Options
    astridlu wrote: »

My eating problems haven't been exclusively with binge eating, so this might not work for you, but personally when I feel the urge coming on I watch health food cooking videos on youtube. I know that sounds kind of ridiculous, but basically if I can redirect my cravings to something healthier then the damage is much less. You can't always stop yourself from binge eating, but I find it's often possible to binge on things that won't make you *quite* as sick. Sorry if that sounds pessimistic, but it is a good trick to know about :)

I think that is a great idea! Nothing better than turning your craving into a healthy one. I really really like this. I will definitely give it a try.
  • kristymcniel1
    Options
    Hi all!

I had lost 18 lbs in 2013 and ended up gaining 30 backbecauseiwas tired of plain healthy foods when everyone else is eating double cheeseburgers around me. I was already overweight to begin with. I keep trying to lose weight but I lose motivation. I am the only one trying to lose weight of all my family and friends. I am an emotional eater which doesn't help when you are bi-polar. I end up losing a little then gaining if back telling myself I can lose it again next week.... next month.... never happens. I have a gym membership. I have gone once. I have gone to zumba twice this week though. I just hurt so much that I want to quit.

I used to be the same way! I have never been over weight except after having my kids. I never used to have to worry about what I was eating or how much I was exercising and now i need to loose about 60 lbs. In the past I started diets every other day and I would never stick with it. This app has really helped me self consciously know how many calories I am putting into my body and it helps me play around with what I eat and how much I eat. I never really deprive my self of anything. If I want it.. I have it.. but I just be careful about what I eat for the rest of the day to make up for whatever un-healthy food I ate. Or if i know I am going to have an unhealthy dinner I try to eat extremely light during the day to make room for those calories. I was very surprised at how much I can actually still eat and stay under my calorie limit. Maybe start with just changing your eating habits first. Then slowly go into excising. That is what I did. Once I started seeing the weight coming off after just adjusting my diet I was motivated to work out to help it come off even faster! I have lost 25 lbs in 2 months!!
  • tiffbeckett336
    tiffbeckett336 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Tiffany from Louisiana wanting all together to lose about 40 lbs. I just started this adventure Monday and so far have done great! But I am a stay at home mom of two beautiful little girls 6 and a three month. After I had my six year old I never really bounced back in to shape but now I am very determined to kick back that baby weight and get my body back :)
  • Womaniamnew
    Womaniamnew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Tamikka I'm 42 and my motivation for losing weight is me. I don't want to be sick, fat, and half dead. I want to be an example to the other ladies and men that have entrusted me to be their accountability partner, because I want to look great in everything I wear, because obesity isn't for me, because I want to prove to myself that I can do anything I set my mind to, and because I'm now accountable to all of you.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Hi from sunny South Africa! My motivation in this healthy lifestyle change is my sport. I'm a fencer and last year I did pretty well without even trying so this year I am super motivated to see how I do if I really put in some hard training. I want to drop the extra weight and improve my fitness so that I can be faster on the piste. Doing pretty well this year so far! This month I will be spending 10 days out of town, 6 of which will be waddling (walking) to raise awareness for our endangered penguins.