Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, March 30th - April 5th

Options
2»

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    welcome nessi

Good stuff Kim, it is nice to feel great, makes it easier to keep going.....

It is 1pm here, and I just recently woke up after being sleep deprived for days.....I feel so much better....it is really nice outside today, so I am gonna get most of my walking done outside.....and my daughter comes home for the long weekend today
  • KimPenuelas
    KimPenuelas Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So glad you got in some sleep. I know how how that this when I wake up in pain and can't go back to sleep. Have a Nice walk :smile:
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry some of you had a sucky week or last few days! I'm glad your sticking to things even when it is not easy it's actually helpful to know other people struggle! Not that we want you to struggle

This week ended well for me I am call for 3 more days but because it's the holiday I don't have to deal with being in the office with everyone breathing down my neck! I lost 2 lbs this week which is a gret reward for me! I never made it to increasing my exercise but I did start to work on my nighttime hydration and my breakfast smoothies have gotten better and I am finishing them! One more goal and that's to stay healthy at Easter. This one scares me because my family is so holiday food driven.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Thanks Kim!

HLaR - that is great that you had a loss! I am up a couple pounds lol, but I am not gonna worry too much about it at this moment.

I would not worry too much about Easter, it is only one day....have a treat or two, just do not over do it. But if you try and not have anything, you might lose control later. That is my experience anyway.

Have a blessed Good Friday everyone! Today is a rest day by default for me as I fast until sundown so I will not be exercising either. Tomorrow |I will be at work so I will eat normally and get all my steps in. Sunday I have a group of people here, so I will be cooking all day, and am going to partake in some Easter treats but also plan to get my walking in. Then back to a normal work day Monday.

I am going to start next weeks thread later today, just because I do not know how much I will get online Sunday, esp if I make my priority after Easter dinner to be walking. If you guys could just leave it for the next couple days but if someone could also bump it up by posting to it either later Sunday or early Monday that would be wonderful!
  • Losin_W8
    Losin_W8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Losin - welcome to the group! I love my fitbit! If you are looking for friends, we could link up on there!

Thanks! I could always use more friends!
  • Losin_W8
    Losin_W8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Was doing great at the binning of the week. Then it went down hill I've been getting my steps in. But, have had fast food the past couple of days. But I've stayed under my calories each time. Even when I stay under I feel guilty for eating fast food. Easter will be hard. The grandparents are cooking and they sure don't short anything of butter and salt. I will try to eat small portions though. Need to go grocery shopping so I'm not as tempted to eat out. It's very encouraging to hear my boyfriend tell me how wonderful I'm doing and how proud he is of me everyday.
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Got up to 9200 steps on Thursday but spent all day yesterday cleaning so didn't get out for a walk - off to Tatton Park for a huge Easter egg hunt with the kids so lots of walking with a little treat at the end for them. Pedometer ready to go!

I also 'did' my hair, put on nice clothes for the school run and didn't just hide underneath a giant coat on Thursday so that's a win!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    5:20am is way too early to wake up for work lol

just sayin

have a good day everyone!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Nassie, the small wins add up to the big win!
    Italian, 5 am does suck have a great day at work sounds like a busy but fun day tomorrow for you
    Losing: dot get caught up in feeling guilty, that day is gone and today is a new one! As for dinner at your grandparents I get that! Do the best you can and the next day will be a new one :)

Thanks Italian, I am doing the cooking so that helps I know what is in everything and I am making desert so I am going to make individual cups that way I know what I am getting! I am so excited for the past few weeks, and so driven to regain my fitness level that I don't want to loose my drive!

• nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1200 steps yesterday!
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    So yesterday, my family went to an Easter celebration at a local living history museum (http://www.georgeranch.org). There were period Easter activities at each of the homes (1830's, 1860's, 1890's, and 1930's), including an egg hunt. There was also a catered lunch available for an additional charge. Since neither my mom nor I wanted to clean up our homes or yards for a visit from the Easter Bunny this year (no time! no time!), this sounded like a perfect event to go to.

There would be a tram so my father wouldn't have to walk from site to site, but my husband and I would have no problem getting in our steps if we wanted. Of course, this was before my knee decided it was going to start giving out on me, so I was glad of the tram, too. However, I still got in over 8000 steps, taking it slow and easy.

The food, though. So. Good. Split pea soup with ham hocks. Smoked ham and roasted beef. The best creamiest mashed potatoes I have ever had. Roasted root vegetables almost as good as mine. Green beans with enough bacon that my mother in law would approve (but not enough butter for her). Absolutely delicious brown gravy. Scotch eggs. Carrot cake with homemade buttercream. Treacle cake. Hot cross buns. All on a buffet line. Everything tasted like it was made from scratch, and like they got out the best cookbook for us.

O.M.G.

I ate until well beyond full, but not exactly stuffed. I tried really hard to take reasonable portions of the meat, loading up on the roasted veggies, and split portions of each dessert with my husband.

We did not eat dinner. :) And even the kids did not complain about that. And while the lunch may have been impossible to log accurately, the two plates I had were offset enough by all the walking around - enough that I lost 2 pounds. :)

Here's to similar goodness today. Happy Easter to all!