What Did You Do Today?

Options
HappyTrails7
HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Share your daily accomplishments, setbacks, or anything in between.

I bicycled 15 miles on the Katy Trail and hiked 1.5 miles, up and down on some river bluff trails in Klondike Park. I spoke to a ranger who told me about a trail called "Donkey Kong" because of all the switch backs (How cool is that?). I ran out of time this evening due to a storm rolling in, but I hope to check it out over the next several days.

Replies

• alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in my 10,000 steps on a busy day when I had to travel between two cities and participate in five business meetings. I broke it down into three shorter walks because that was easier to fit into my day. It was a frustrating day in many ways (hey, some days at work are like that, right?) but the walks really helped to ease my anxiety and boost my mood. Walking is so key to my well-being. (And to think I was completely sedentary -- think card-carrying couch potato! -- until two years ago.)
  • HappyTrails7
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I managed to get in my 10,000 steps on a busy day when I had to travel between two cities and participate in five business meetings. I broke it down into three shorter walks because that was easier to fit into my day. It was a frustrating day in many ways (hey, some days at work are like that, right?) but the walks really helped to ease my anxiety and boost my mood. Walking is so key to my well-being. (And to think I was completely sedentary -- think card-carrying couch potato! -- until two years ago.)

You go girl, 10,000 steps is great! (Hopefully that didn't sound too cliché. :) )

I can relate to the sedentary lifestyle. Until just recently, I would spend 9-12 hours a day at a desk. My business demanded it, how would it thrive if I didn't? But no more, I have but one live to live and I need to find the proper balance. It won't help the business if I am dead before my time.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Long day at work then come home to find the power was out. My son and I then went outside just to kick the soccer ball around. We spent over an hour doing it and enjoying the first 70+ day here in MN Felt great!
  • SusieBe9
    SusieBe9 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    On vacation this week in Parker, AZ at our river house. Time here is usually spent boating, eating, drinking, enjoying the lazy days. I don't have a treadmill here, didn't expect to get my 10,000 + steps in. Guess what? I'm doing it! Approx 14,000 steps per day. My all time high today 18,061. I can't believe it. 6200 walking on the road behind our house. The remainder in our enclosed carport where I can blast country music and just walk. ff7jw0ck42sv.jpg
    loltqdszz3w6.jpg
    uyh8omeekkn7.jpg
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I got my storm shelter swept out, put batteries in lanterns. fans, radio,etc. Last week we had a very low chance of tornados so when the sirens went off I was caught off guard. Its no fun sitting in the shelter in the dark trying to put batteries a lantern. I live in tornado alley so getting storm ready is a must do.
  • HappyTrails7
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Weather was stormy here today, so I did 4 miles on the elliptical and started a beginner weight training session, based on a YouTube video NikonPal posted in another thread here.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Good going, @HappyTrails7 It is so great to have an indoor exercise Plan B for days when heading outdoors isn't practical/possible. I just finished the last part of today's workout on the treadmill because the road outside is one part mud and one part ice -- slippery and messy!
  • zutshihora
    zutshihora Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Am new here. Have installed a pedometer app on my phone and am trying to build upto 10,000 steps. Libe in a co do and it's raining today ,so am walking in the corridors ,music blasting in my ears ! ;)
  • HappyTrails7
    Options
    Welcome Zutshihora and good job on getting those steps in, even if it is raining outside.
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well, did not do well today. Started off with a sausage McMuffin from the golden arches en route to my daughter's swim meet (since Lent is over, treated myself to some meat). I know, that's illogical thinking and I felt guilty until I went home and logged it - "only" 300 calories. Not so bad. Then after the swim meet, I went with my husband to a God-awful pizza lunch buffet. Pizza didn't taste that good, but still ate enough that I'm over my 1200 calorie/day limit already. Can't say I'm hungry at all, but pretty much disappointed in myself. If I'm going to eat something not so good for me, it should at least taste good. And tomorrow is Easter, so I'll have all the candy in my house tomorrow and I know I won't be able to resist a few pieces. Sigh.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Started the morning with an extra work-out of a 4 mile walk at 3.2mph and the weights. Burned 499 calories.

Our daughter & son-in-law bring everyone out each year for Easter brunch, so food intake has been real low today – storing those calories for tomorrow.

Maintenance goal # is 2230; food calories so far only totals 762 and exercise was -499; so I am only at 263 net for the day.

Plenty of room for some treats tonight and a nice brunch tomorrow with no worries.
  • HappyTrails7
    Options
    I bicycled 15.88 miles today. Later this afternoon, I surprised my wife with a picnic at the top of Klondike Park. Beautiful spot to take in the surrounding countryside.