Weekly Warrior Mini Goal Challenge 04/5 - 4/11 (2015)

Options
Hearts_2015
Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
In the weekly Warrior Mini-Goal Challenge focus on your short term goals.

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems too overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

Choose one or more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make sure your week works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week?

Check in often, have a great week and do the best you can! B)<3

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    edited April 2015
    Options
    3di9s45gzyjw.jpg

• Hearts_2015
    Options
    Healthy_Body_Healthy_Mind.JPG
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    My Weekly Goals

Remain binge free one day at a time. 6 days binge free!
    In bed by 10pm

Keeping it simple this week as my first goal is my main focus.

Have a fabulous week my friends... this week is going to be the best yet!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My Weekly Goals

1 ~ Do not snack after dinner.
    2 ~ Workout M,W,Th,F,Sa
    3 ~ Log everything

The main lifestyle change I'm focusing on is the snacking after dinner. This is where I tend to go overboard. I can do this!!!
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Last week for me was another week of coming close but not reaching my goals. I hope this week I can do the goals.

Hearts- Thanks so much for getting us started. You are so consistent and we appreciate it. I like your goals. stick with it and I know you can make progress.

Crystalee145- Welcome and looks like some good goals. after dinner can be a tough time. If you feel like you have to snack, then perhaps you can look at something that fits in with your daily but is not a big deal. something like sugar free jello and some others that don't have many calories etc.

My goals this week
    1. Exercise 4 times
    2. 65,000 steps
    3. Log 3 times and be in the green 3 times.

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Keeping a few goals from last week but changing up one.

Goals for this week
    1. Follow the workout schedule for DVD series
    2. Check in everyday with the mini goals group
    3. 10:30 bed time
    4. 5 green days
    5. Weekend goal - do not neglect MFP over the weekend

Here's to a great week.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    My Weekly Goals

Remain binge free one day at a time. 6 days binge free!
    In bed by 10pm

Have a fabulous week my friends... this week is going to be the best yet!

Sunday Check-in

Day 7 binge free - had another good day
    Sleep on the other hand I almost made it to bed and then started responding to a PM I received and ...well...time flew and I went to bed super late again. Seems if I miss my time goal it then becomes extreme and I'm up quite late.

Tonight... gonna made a much greater effort not to start anything before bedtime so I actually can call it bedtime. lol

I'm a bit upset with myself as I could have waited until morning to PM back, there was no emergency....but trying not to be unkind to myself as that effects my other goal.

Cheers for the start of a lovely new week Warriors! :cheers:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    MAK_01 wrote: »
    Hello all!
    Keeping a few goals from last week but changing up one.

Goals for this week
    1. Follow the workout schedule for DVD series
    2. Check in everyday with the mini goals group
    3. 10:30 bed time
    4. 5 green days

Here's to a great week.

nice goals Meg :) What's your DVD series?
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Good morning Dear Warriors. My apologies for starting back up and then being absent again. This was not my intention; however, sadly , someone dear to me passed away last week, and someone else , the life management director and counselor at a Canyon Ranch, whom I really admire, and who has been very kind and helpful to me, vanished into thin air last Tuesday from her home without her wallet, keys, or car. There is still no trace of her after a week in spite of massive searches. Additionally, one of my sister's, who is also grieving the loss of our dear friend, is here for the week. Consequently, my goal for last week and this week had to shift to address my emotional and spiritual needs.
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hello!
    Hearts - I'm doing the PiYo series. It's Pilates and Yoga combined. I'm really liking it.

Seehe - My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Emotional and spiritual needs are very important in our lives and need to be focused on.

Monday check in
    1. Follow the workout schedule for DVD series 1/7
    2. Check in everyday with the mini goals group 1/7
    3. 10:30 bed time 1/7
    4. 5 green days 1/5

Hugs to you all!
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hello!
    Hearts - I'm doing the PiYo series. It's Pilates and Yoga combined. I'm really liking it.

Seehe - My thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Emotional and spiritual needs are very important in our lives and need to be focused on.

Monday check in
    1. Follow the workout schedule for DVD series 1/7
    2. Check in everyday with the mini goals group 1/7
    3. 10:30 bed time 1/7
    4. 5 green days 1/5

Hugs to you all!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    seehe wrote: »
    Good morning Dear Warriors. My apologies for starting back up and then being absent again. This was not my intention; however, sadly , someone dear to me passed away last week, and someone else , the life management director and counselor at a Canyon Ranch, whom I really admire, and who has been very kind and helpful to me, vanished into thin air last Tuesday from her home without her wallet, keys, or car. There is still no trace of her after a week in spite of massive searches. Additionally, one of my sister's, who is also grieving the loss of our dear friend, is here for the week. Consequently, my goal for last week and this week had to shift to address my emotional and spiritual needs.

Oh Sweetie! So much going on... you're in my prayers and addressing our emotional and Spiritual needs is very important.. you keep your focus on your loved ones and know that you are in our hearts. xo's

We're here if you need anything <3
  • Hearts_2015
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My Weekly Goals

Monday Check-in

Day 9 binge free (Tues pm)
    In bed by 10:02pm Monday night

Sleep on the other hand I struggled with, unsure why. I did have the lights off and head on my pillow at 10:02 pm. Typically when I eat well I sleep better than ever so not sure what's going on. Oh yea..my right knee is causing me severe pain...not sure what I even did but lots of discomfort. Perhaps that's the reason my sleep is not going so well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFMN4OqO3KMItR-fdd6iCX8hP7LYC80b9up91ONAqLl67QpQcZ

I'm getting a bit confused with my check-ins I need to find a way to simplify them. :#
    I'm trying to check in the next morning for my sleep goal but confuse myself when I track my binge free count at the end of the night before. So if my numbers are all over the places that's probably why. I'll get this figured out... sometimes it's the simplest things that confuse us. :)

• amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Meg, you picked a real good goal for you about staying in touch with MFP during the weekend. I bet it will really help you out.

Paulette, you have some nice goals. Glad you were close last week. Keep striving and you can meet all your goals. You've done it in the past and you CAN do it again.

Seehe (sorry, I don't know your name), you are really going through a rough time of it. Just try to hang in there mentally as best as you can and remember to do somethings that you find relaxing.

Hearts, you are doing real well with your binge eating goal. That's challenging thing to deal with too. Hope your knee gets to feeling better.

I'm real glad to be with yaull this week. I've been back to MFP since the very end of January, but, I had to get mentally ready to be part of this group again. I'm there.

For this week, I"m going to be concentrating on:
    1) Trying to be more "creative" in finding ways to cope with stress and re-thinking and trying to remember some things that have helped me in the past with this. This is my main focus, and rightfully so, should be my main goal every day, every week, ...all the time in my life. I have a whole lot of things I'm diagnosed with that are exasperated by stress. Everyone's stress comes from different sources.
    2) Log my food and drinks all week long. There are 21 days left in this month and I'm going for a 21 day streak of logging my food and drinks. Only once have I gone 20 something days in a row with my logging.
    3) Try to keep learning ways I can still exercise at the gym with all my injuries that keep flairing up and causing me to just be at home, and sitting in my chair.
    4) Keep riding the city bus. I've worked up to walking 5 minutes at a time to and from bus stops. I can now do 4 or 5 bus stops in a day's time, which is excellent for me and my back. :wink:
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Crystal, you have three nice goals. I hope you're doing well with them. I see lots of exercise you want to incorporate into your week.
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much Mak, Hearts and Amy for your kind words and support.
  • forestrose910
    forestrose910 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Sorry I have been MIA this week. Hopefully I can get it in gear. So glad to see everyone here and working on their goals.

Susan- so sorry for your loss and for all that you are going through. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Just take good care of yourself.

Mak- great goals and good start to you week. keep on moving forward. you can do this.

Hearts- awesome job with your binge goal. keep working on that sleep goal. sorry about your pain and yes that will interfere with your sleep. take care of yourself and do what you need to do with regard to reporting on your goals.

Amy- thanks for your kind and supportive words. they mean a lot. You are wise to pick those goals especially looking at the stress one. I wish you good luck with that. Awesome that you have worked your way to increasing the walking to and from the bus stops. Hopefully you can figure out ways to exercise and still take care of yourself. most of all be kind to yourself and take it one step at a time.

Crystal- how is your week going so far? keep working towards the goals. just take it one day at a time.

My goals this week
    1. Exercise 4 times
    2. 65,000 steps
    3. Log 3 times and be in the green 3 times

Mon-Tues check in
    1. 0/4
    2. 14,486/65,000
    3. 0/3
  • MAK_01
    Options
    Hello my friends!
    Thank you all for the support and encouragement.

Tuesday check in
    1. Follow the workout schedule for DVD series 2/7
    2. Check in everyday with the mini goals group 2:7
    3. 10:30 bed time 2/7
    4. 5 green days 1/5. - yesterday wasn't my best eating or logging day. Today will be better!

Hugs to you all!

• Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi All checking in, I hadn't been able to use my computer at home after work all week. Then today, I realized I can check in using the app on my phone - that is a cool feature!

So here is my update:
    1 ~ Do not snack after dinner. ~I haven't felt hungry after dinner and before bed all week. I have wanted to eat everything in site a couple of times. When that happened I got a glass of water and sat down with my book.
    2 ~ Workout M,W,Th,F,Sa ~ I have been doing a lot of walking. This goal is half met, as my workouts are not the kind I wanted to do in the gym. But hey, I'll take it as long as I'm moving :)
    3 ~ Log everything ~ this can say, I have not missed a meal/snack!

forestrose910 - thanks for the snack idea. I have fruits and veggies that I love at home for snacks. The main issue is when I start with those, I end up spiraling. If I am truly hungry after I have a had a glass of water and waited for a little bit to make sure, then I will eat a snack.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    seehe wrote: »
    Thank you so much Mak, Hearts and Amy for your kind words and support.

Please keep us updated or if you feel more comfortable... a PM will work ...I just want to know how you are and the events of your friend at Canyon Ridge are going as my heart goes out to each of you and her family ...with Hope. Always Hope..it's so very strong and powerful and so very important to keep that in our hearts.
This discussion has been closed.