introduce yourself!

Options
bebe2541
bebe2541 Posts: 13 Member
I'm Becca! I'm a 26 year old stay at home wife ans mommy to two. I am new to this website but not the workout. Have started to few times and finished the entire 30 days once. Have put on about ten pounds since last year and ready to get in better shape! Would love support of some awesome ladies! :)

Replies

• stranger2015
    stranger2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I m Sharoo from
    India.. I'm 25 yrs old.. Getting ready for my marriage.. Current weight : 73 kg.. Trying to lose 18kg ..
    Already finished day 1 workout.

• rosbos07
    rosbos07 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm Ros and I am 45 years old from England, current weight 11 stone, really want to lose a stone but cannot get motivated. Have bought the DVD a while ago and tried it a few times, Hoping support will help :)
  • aghi00
    aghi00 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Aghi from Amsterdam, trying to get rid of 10k, just finished day 1 lv 1 :)
  • keke773
    keke773 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm Keke, 41 years old my bday is in July and wanna look great and take myself on a beach trip somewhere. I've talked about doing the 30 shred for about 2 years with my sister. Well, I've learned that the weight loss journey doesn't work well as a partnership sometimes. I've had more success on my own this past month and I'm excited to try to Shred.
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hiya, Pam from the UK here! Tried this many times but give up somewhere in level 2 so really need to keep going this time. Have slipped a bit and gained enough to make my clothes uncomfortable. Will do it before bed tonight.
  • bebe2541
    Options
    It's nice to meet everyone!! We have people from all over the world. How neat is that! This workout is tought and your body will hurt after the first few days, but it really does get better. Hang in there! Remeber to eat before and have a water bottle on hand. Starting my day 1 today. Good luck everyone!
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Starting Day 1 today too!! Ive started this a few times but never made it to the 2nd lvl this time im confident I will complete the program. going on Vacation mid. may so i need to get this ball rolling
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    I'm Jess. 36, SAHM, homeschooling, mom of 4.
    I've lost 87lb and now that you can see some of the muscles that were hiding underneath fluff, I'm letting Jillian torture me.

I'm on Level 1, Day 9 today.

My tips are: water, electrolytes, and take your rest days. I take my 2 every week and my workouts are better as a result. So what if it takes me a few more days to finish all the levels? I'll be better off. And ready to start Ripped in 30, which is next in the queue.

Good luck everyone. :smile:
  • SashaMaja
    SashaMaja Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Merideth. I have started the Shred a couple of times but gave up too quickly. I was hoping to find a group of people who were doing it so that I would be more likely to finish it. I'm 53 with about 25 pounds to lose. I will be starting a little late in the challenge but I still want to join in. Tomorrow will be my Day 1. Goodnight to all of you.
  • ivonameow
    ivonameow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ivona,

I'm 31 years old and this is my first time working out since high school. I started on a diet of 1200 cal a day at 165 pounds, and I'm on week 8 of that and have lost 20 pounds so far through diet alone. Halfway through I cut to 1000 cal which I'm feeling quite good on (making sure to hit ALL my macros and micros). I'm really short so it's not an unreasonable number for me, and I feel really good on it.

I decided it's exercise time on my journey, so I started the shred on April 1 (in the afternoons) and most of me is ok except my thighs are in complete agony this morning. I'm debating whether or not I should work through the pain or take a rest day and just go for a walk instead, but I'm leaning towards giving it another go today and I'll take a break if it's really bad tomorrow.

How are you all dealing with the soreness? Do you just work through it or is everybody taking rest days? Are you supposed to do it 30 days straight? I'm following on youtube so I don't have the full instructions...
  • Lizdee79
    Lizdee79 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi All, I'm starting the 30 day shred late as my DVD only arrived yesterday. Last year I managed to tone down really well attending boot camps but due to time constraints I'm struggling to fit them in this year. How's everyone finding it? I'm from the UK
  • newglow2000
    Options
    Hi I'm Gloria and I've lost 46 lbs so far . I usually walk 1.5 to 2.0 but since my birthday I've totally lost my center! I'm joining this group to regain my bearings and get back on the wagon.
    Good luck to us all!:) :)
  • owinoc
    owinoc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi i'm christine and thank you for having me here. i'm 59 and prolly have 59 lbs to lose!
  • bebe2541
    Options
    Hi I'm Gloria and I've lost 46 lbs so far . I usually walk 1.5 to 2.0 but since my birthday I've totally lost my center! I'm joining this group to regain my bearings and get back on the wagon.
    Good luck to us all!:) :)

Amazing job on your weight loss! Thanks for joining us!
  • bebe2541
    Options
    owinoc wrote: »
    hi i'm christine and thank you for having me here. i'm 59 and prolly have 59 lbs to lose!
    Thank you for joining u!!
  • bebe2541
    Options
    Lizdee79 wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm starting the 30 day shred late as my DVD only arrived yesterday. Last year I managed to tone down really well attending boot camps but due to time constraints I'm struggling to fit them in this year. How's everyone finding it? I'm from the UK
    It's my third time starting and having a hard time getting back into it but I am so excited!
  • mandeejagers516
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just gave birth to my second child and I'm ready to get back in shape! I'm so excited to try this workout and stick with it this time!
  • jadezia
    jadezia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Katie! Tonight will be Day 10 of level 1 for JM's Beginner Shred. I'm hoping to finish this DVD out this month, and then start on her real shred DVD. Can't wait to see how everyone does and get motivated! Good luck everyone!

I'm 20 years old, 5'6"ish, SW: 147.2, CW: 137.0, GW: 120-115
  • brhaber123
    brhaber123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Betty. I am on day 15 as of yesterday so halfway through it! I haven't lost any weight during the shred but I dropped a pants size so far.

41 years old
    SW: 160
    CW: 143
    GW: 135

Struggling to lose the last 8 lbs but working on getting more fit and not worrying about the scale too much right now. Thinking about what I will do next...
  • gillster2015
    gillster2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, im Gill (34) from Scotland. I have had the 30DS dvd for a while but never got past day 1. I go to my local curves gym and take my 2 year old swimming once a week. Trying to keep in this regular routine is my biggest challenge and I have been hovering around the same 7lbs for over a year now. I literally want to climb a mountain later this summer so I am feeling motivated to push myself to my goal weight before then.
    Just finished day 1 L1. Star jumps are a killer!!
    CW - 170lbs
    GW - 150lbs