New to the group, but not to keto (100+ lbs lost)

Options
supergirl6
supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Hi everyone! I haven't posted here before but I've been meaning to for a while. I've been on keto for about a year and a half now, except with a 3 month break since January due to an illness that wiped me out for 4 weeks and messed things up. That's ok though :smile: I've been struggling a bit to get back in but I finally restarted today. I forgot how satisfying pre-planning every day was!

When I started I was around 347lbs. I'm at 239 now. I'm also a runner, I do yoga, and I strength train every week. I've been doing it by myself for a long time and I have no idea why I never thought to seek out a community to join and share with. I'm really excited to be here though!

-Sommer

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Welcome supergirl6 ! There is a lot of support here and at the Low Carb Daily forum.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Congratulations on your progress! I lost quite a bit on keto
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    It ate half my reply....anyways, I lost quite a bit last year, then feel off the wagon and gained a lot back and here I am 5 weeks back on the wagon.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great place to be.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @supergirl6 you named yourself right! Congratulations on your amazing achievement so far.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    supergirl6 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I haven't posted here before but I've been meaning to for a while. I've been on keto for about a year and a half now, except with a 3 month break since January due to an illness that wiped me out for 4 weeks and messed things up. That's ok though :smile: I've been struggling a bit to get back in but I finally restarted today. I forgot how satisfying pre-planning every day was!

When I started I was around 347lbs. I'm at 239 now. I'm also a runner, I do yoga, and I strength train every week. I've been doing it by myself for a long time and I have no idea why I never thought to seek out a community to join and share with. I'm really excited to be here though!

-Sommer

That is positively awesome. CONGRATS!

I started at a similar highest weight, and lost the largest chunk of my weight through other methods. I've been LCHF since 1/15 and Keto since 2/18, but I had a minor setback a couple weeks back due to unavoidable circumstance. It didn't kick me out of keto, just out of adaption, and so I'm fighting my way back. I very much look forward to making some MAD progress on Keto. LOL
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the wonderful messages! I've been back on for two days and I'm feeling great.

@knitormiss I got super sick in January and needed a truck load of medication, some of which had added stuff to them that ended up kicking me out, and I was too sick to either eat or plan out my food. I just let it go until I was better which took about 3-4 weeks. It was disappointing but ultimately fine. Unavoidable circumstances are the worst. Once I was all better and back to my normal self, it did take a little time to get back into planning. I actually LOVE beginning things so it's been kind of fun to begin again and buy some new stuff for my kitchen and enjoy that high of being at the beginning of something exciting once again. Good luck with getting back to making mad progress :smiley: