Thing that make you :)

Options
2»

Replies

• gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    SteveKroll wrote: »
    I love when people try to argue with me that this way of eating... (pick one or more):
    • will clog my arteries.
    • cause an early death.
    • is unsustainable.
    • results in high cholesterol.
    • causes kidney damage.

The last time this happened was last weekend when a lady (a nurse) at a social function noticed my wife and I had lost weight and asked what we had been doing. When I told her, she began scolding us like children about all the ways we were hurting our health. I should also add that this particular woman weighs, I would guess, over 200 pounds and eats like a horse.

When I told her my diabetes was reversed, that I had lost 55 pounds (27 for my wife), and that my blood test results had never looked better, you would've thought that would've shut her up. But no, she just kept going on and on.

Finally my wife just looked at her and said, "Well, I guess it's not for everyone. But it probably should be for some people." and we walked off.

beautiful! I'm preparing for that moment by arming myself with studies and facts I can quote. :) that's just my way.
  • flatlandrunner
    flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    fave thing= melting shredded cheddar cheese into little crackers :)
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    The way my lips feel after eating something with coconut oil. Makes me want to keep smacking my lips!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I never have to worry about running out of bacon grease.

Plus, it's MUCH easier to get my husband to get out of bed when he can smell bacon.
  • New2Keto
    New2Keto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the inspiration guys (and gals). You have given me many great ideas.

Almost 12 weeks in (and 33.5 lbs lighter - YAY) ... but was starting to get a bit fed up of eating the same stuff every day.
  • fzermer
    fzermer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bacon, of course. Newest fav thing is to fry cheese and let it cool into the shape of a taco shell, then fill it with scrambled eggs, bacon and jalapeno's for breakfast.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    fzermer wrote: »
    Bacon, of course. Newest fav thing is to fry cheese and let it cool into the shape of a taco shell, then fill it with scrambled eggs, bacon and jalapeno's for breakfast.

that's genius - what do you use as your mold?

• Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Munching out on bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers stuffed with cream cheese, swirling it around in the melted bacon drippings, taking a big bite and saying to my incredulous co-workers, "Mmmm....diet food."
    hahaha

Also:
    After 26 years of being a highly lactose intolerant seafood vegetarian...
    Finally being able to sit down to bacon and eggs and cheese with my fiance. :)

-T.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Desert Pepper pinto bean dip. The main reason I do keto is that most of the foods pinpointed when I did an elimination diet were carb heavy. Beans are one of the few exceptions, but normally they're a pain to fit in without rearranging my whole day. Found this a few weeks ago, and now I'm having taco dip 3 times a week.
  • MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm only a few weeks in, but things that make me smile about keto are:

1. I'm not hungry all the time! I also don't have the crazy blood sugar spikes and drops like I used to, which makes for an overall better mood.
    2. Of course, bacon, butter, and cheese!
    3. I can eat out with friends with just a few menu modifications. It's so easy! People look at me like I'm crazy when I say no toast or potatoes though, lol!
    4. Speaking of potatoes, I am having fewer cravings for them. The other day I smelled french fries and was only minimally triggered. That's a huge deal for me!
    5. My jeans are starting to fit so much better. I'm losing weight and less bloated. Winning!

I'm just so happy to have found something I really feel like I can live with. Yay keto!
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    @fzermer Please tell more about these "taco" shells.
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Having lost 100+ pounds :) That is definitely up there with my favorite things.

Other favorites:
    My rosacea cleared up - I don't need to take medication to control my skin reactions to things
    Cooking half an avacado in bacon or hamburger grease for a couple of minutes.
    HWC in my espresso
    Roasted broccoli with cheese on top
    Cheese. All kinds. Piles of it. Melted on pretty much anything.
    Having perfect blood tests every time I go in. Having my thyroid medication lowered because my body is doing a better job taking care of itself. Having perfect perfect perfect blood sugar tests and being no where near that "boderline" number of pre-diabetes.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Those are great things super girl.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    New2Keto wrote: »

Almost 12 weeks in (and 33.5 lbs lighter - YAY) ...

YAY YOU!
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Things that make me smile:
    All that yummy grassfed butter
    Fancy cheese.
    Bacon (of course)
    Feeling super creative when I cook and think up meal ideas to keep my family in the game with me.
    REALLY feeling like I CAN keep doing this and the success will come. I don't even feel like I am chasing after it, like I did with so many other attempts to get healthy and lose weight. Now it just feels like the weight coming off is an eventuality- not a desperate race to the finish line. I love that. :)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Things that make me smile about Keto:

1) The biggest by far is the less hunger and never being hangry.
    2) My smaller belts, pants (14 sizes), and now shirts (from 3X to 1X)
    3) I can move so much better, I feel like a train that just un-hooked it's cars
    4) I no longer have to take Advil for all my minor aches and pains
    5) I have a new found love for fatty meats. I have always loved fat. But pre-keto, the fat demonizers taught me to stop eating it. The guilt has been lifted!
    6) I no longer take gobs of diabetic medicine, no injections (4X a day), no pricking of my finger, no statins, no blood pressure meds, no appetite suppression meds, no aspirin. I am down to Metformin and magnesium.
    7) It makes both my doctors smile and congratulate me, both shook my hands!
    8) I now have an opportunity to help people with this way of eating. That makes me smile immensely!

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Blog #13 DittoDan's Milestone's, First's And Good Changes Since Starting the Ketogenic Diet
    It's Ketogenic or Bariatric! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet
    Previous Discussions (lots of easy Keto recipes and other useful Keto info)
    Cream Cheese, Bacon & Chicken
    Do You Like Fatty Beef? Try Corned Beef
    Fat Head (the History of the Demonization of Saturated Fat)
    How I got Off of Diabetic Prescriptions Drugs Since I Started Keto
  • New2Keto
    New2Keto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So love the fact that I am not starving hungry when I get up in the morning.
    My new-found love for cheese - all types.
  • flatlandrunner
    flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's not a cool thing to admit but something I like about Keto is the schadenfreude I experience when I happily eat full fat (bacon, cheese, meats oh my!) while I watch my my co-workers grudgingly eating high carb/low fat nastiness (dry bean salads, low fat cheese and what not) because it's "so much healthier"... Mwahaha!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's not a cool thing to admit but something I like about Keto is the schadenfreude I experience when I happily eat full fat (bacon, cheese, meats oh my!) while I watch my my co-workers grudgingly eating high carb/low fat nastiness (dry bean salads, low fat cheese and what not) because it's "so much healthier"... Mwahaha!

Lol!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Ditto to all of the above!

Getting me to the lowest weight I have been during adulthood (207) and I know it will continue! Plus, I'm a better cook now than I've ever been since its so much easier!

Taking butter, HWC and parmesan cheese and turning it into the best Alfredo sauce I've ever eaten. My son thinking I am IT for making said Alfredo sauce!