The need to feel full all the time

Options
tlmeyn
tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
Sometines I think that is the basis of my emotional eating.. the need to feel full all the time. It's like if I don't feel full, then I feel empty. Anyone else feel like this?

Replies

• secretive52
    Options
    The need to feel full is to drown your own emotions,disappointment,sadness,anxietyand stress.the emotions you have contained want to come out.eating till you uncomfortable full gets you into this mental space where things sort of drown out.when you done bingeing you get back to the same emotions of disapointment,stress and sadness which will lead into another binge eating for you.
  • npeter987
    npeter987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I feel. I
  • npeter987
    npeter987 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    npeter987 wrote: »
    That's exactly how I feel. I can't just eat one serving of something. I am only satisfied when I've eaten to the point where I'm so stuffed I'm nearly sick.
  • ahealthiercara
    ahealthiercara Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know that feeling. And I've had conversations with people I consider 'naturally thin' and they admit that they're hungry much of the time, they just don't have an emotional reaction to hunger. I can feel panicked when I'm hungry so I've done work on 'being ok' with being hungry, knowing that a meal is coming in an hour or so. Sometimes I can do it, sometimes I can't. Usually if I keep myself busy with something else, it helps. Its a work in progress.
  • dewrema5832
    dewrema5832 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This is so me! But I guess what makes it sooo bad for me is that... of course its not that when I eat that its something healthy like almonds, carrots, an apple, etc. no I want to binge on chips, fries, pizza, cake, etc. Lately I have been up-ing my water intake and I think that has helped me a lot with the feeling of being full
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea.. sometimes that helps.. sometimes not... Veggie do NOT help.. lol I need fat or something.. sigh. I guess I need to learn to be ok with that feeling
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    yes your on to something .. I could never quite pin my need to feel satiated .. you've given food for thought :) if i don't eat a square meal .. I can snack all day
  • malovafarms
    malovafarms Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    and I snack harder on days I repress emotions for sure