For the first time I can recall I conquered 'the binge '

Options
I'm pretty happy. I have muscled my weigh through binges with nasty self talk but this morning I actually thought my way out of one. I was done with a yummy planned meal when I thought 'screw it I'm having peanut butter toast on that fresh yummy bread. I can watch things tomorrow and just enjoy this day', I had the toaster out and bread in it when i stopped myself with the question 'why'. I realized not only wasn't I hungry but I was tired, bored, cold, alone and spending to much time thinking about food. I then reminded myself that I didn't have to gorge myself at the moment with food I wasn't even hungry for but could wait until later in the day when my appetite returned and truly enjoy the food if I chose to. I put everything away, turned on the heat and took my dogs for a walk around the block. I also reminded myself I have a house full of wonderful food that I can enjoy later when I can truly enjoy every bite. As someone who has never thought through a binge rationally I feel so happy. I realize I have a long way to go but Rome wasn't built in a day!

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    congratulations !!!!!
    That is a massive achievement and a challenge that I can relate to well.

You should feel happy :smiley: and proud :smiley:
  • PhrasingBoom
    PhrasingBoom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I struggle with this daily, so I know how hard it can be. Just take it one day at a time and be proud that you're improving!
  • balletgirl77
    balletgirl77 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good job! It's great that you were able to rationalize with yourself; I'm still in the negative self- talk phase, but it is working for me right now. Consider every moment you choose not to give in as a success :)
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    That is really amazing. Once I've gotten that far I can almost never stop so I truly admire your strength.
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This is amazing progress! Great job!!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great job......i hope to get to that point soon!!! WTG!!
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading the book this weekend "have your cake and skinny pants too". I may have to keep reading it over and over but it was so helpful. Many great, helpful things in it but what I took away from it after the first read was to give myself permission to eat what I want but make sure you are really enjoying it.