Looking for friends with the same goals

Options
Hi there everyone. My name is Susan. I've not long turned 40. I'm looking to get fit and healthy. I plan on being far more active this summer than ever before. It would be nice to add like minded people. X

Replies

• catwoman47
    catwoman47 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 years old and I have lost over a 100 pounds in the last 3 years and now I'm stuck on the last 50 pounds so I know just how you feel glad you made this discussion and make new friends
  • misti7440
    misti7440 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and have been on a mission to lose weight and get fit since October 2013. It was slow going at first but I joined a gym last summer and got a personal trainer. I worked with her for a couple months then had an injury so things slowed down for me. My injury is better now and I've been back in training since January. All together I've lost 51 pounds. In the last month I've lost 2% body fat and gained 2 pounds of muscle. I'm on a roll! I would also like to find some like minded people to add.
  • jdscott73
    Options
    Turning 42 this year and starting to feel it. 10 years ago I was running, 65 pounds less and feeling great. I don't know what happened. Trying to get back to that. Just need a little motivation and some friends along the way. Keep up the hard work everyone.
  • bfernau5
    bfernau5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New to MFP to complete my goal. Started seriously working out in Nov and was told to calorie count by the doc after my physical last wk. I have lost 15 lbs and want to lose another by the end May. Long term goal is to hit 170 by yr end. I'm a 47 yr old dad and looking for like minded peeps that are serious about working out, motivating and willing to hold each other accountable. Best wishes to you all.
  • sparklymo
    sparklymo Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    From size 14, 11st 5lbs to size 6, 7st 8lbs..reached goal and planning on more exercise...walking & jogging
  • danjbadassery
    danjbadassery Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am a 44 yr old wanting to get back into backpacking and canoe camping. Struggling with regular exercise and quitting smoking. I am "ok" in my weight but would like to be a bit lighter.
  • juniper68
    juniper68 Posts: 93 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 46 years old and have 20 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • klsonelove1
    klsonelove1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and have 80lbs to lose. I work 3rd shift and I am trying to stay motivated in living a healthier lifestyle. Good luck to everyone on their journeys.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 a few months ago and I'm fairly active on MFP and otherwise. If you need a little motivation to exercise and be fit (or just in general), feel free to add me.
  • rainbowgirl331
    rainbowgirl331 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Turned 43 a week ago and looking for motivation. Gained over holidays and during flu season. Having trouble getting back to the gym more than once a week. Was going to zumba and cardiovascular kick classes and weights 5 days a week just 18months ago...what happened? Need to knock off at least 25 lbs to start. :|
  • mbloseit
    mbloseit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 lost 10 and still working to lose 15 more. I will send you a friend request.
  • reweldt
    reweldt Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    After an injury I am on my way to fit, welcome all new friends. :)
  • laurie2829
    laurie2829 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 44 and frustrated. Just started a bikini bootcamp to get ready for the summer. I know I will not be in a bikini but know I will be better after the 1st 6 weeks. I need to lose 15-20lbs, but I don't want to get stuck on a number. I just want to feel good in my clothes and lose the dreaded extra "ick" currently hanging over my jeans as we speak. I also do better when I have others around to motivate, whether in person or via the computer. Please feel free to add me so we can cheer one another on! ;-)
  • MsDillieBar
    MsDillieBar Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm 44 and was doing great and then stopped doing great! Now I'm working at getting back to great. :|

My ultimate goal is to lose about 60 lbs but I'm focusing on getting to 175 (which I haven't seen in many years!) short-term.

I'm going to try adding all of you!
  • KDRockstar
    KDRockstar Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Same here! I've only got 20 pounds, but it's the same weight I've been trying to lose for years. Being accountable to others is so helpful!
  • tonihunter945
    tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What I love about this website is all the kind and caring people! This is motivation for me! Thank you all!
  • theactionfigure1
    theactionfigure1 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'll be 44 this summer, and I'm not done being young yet! You're welcome to add me, and I'll motivate every chance I get. I work wayyy too much, but I'm always positive, and I love people. I'd love to have some great friends to help me get going again!
  • AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm Amee, and I'm 41. I've lost 100 pounds and that was the easy part. Maintaining has been tricky for me and I've gained and lost 30-50 pounds over the last 6.5 years. I guess I thought I knew what I was doing and stopped being vigilant about putting my health needs first.

I'd love to have more friends to encourage and support that will do the same for me!
  • heyheatherson
    heyheatherson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Heather. I am 41 and my goal is to take off the extra weight by July 4th! I've used MFP in the past and did really well. Unfortunately I got over confident and put a good portion back on.
    I just have to always keep myself accountable and this is a great way of doing it. Very excited to get back to were I was!
    Please feel free to add me!
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I'm Suzanne (everyone calls me Soo) and I turned 40 in Feb and am new to MFP. I used to be very active, climbed Kilimanjaro, was at the gym every day - but that was ten years ago and I don't know how to start climbing THIS mountain. I have 40 pounds I would like to get rid of. I would like to do this without going to extremes (a problem in the past). Looking for friends here as I find the site very motivational and want to be active here.