Daily check-in Week 1 ~ April 6th - 12th

Options

Replies

• NicNakmfp
    NicNakmfp Posts: 15
    Options
    Good day so far today! Banana and porridge as well as a 5 mile (slow) run - part of the training schedule I'm signed up with! Loving reading all the comments as well as hearing about the zombie app! I must give it a try again! Fingers crossed the lbs will start falling but feeling better is important too and a couple of days of clean eating and I don't feel quite so bad! jtfig12vahuw.jpg
  • delaneysmom46
    delaneysmom46 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Stayed within calorie goal and got in some exercise yesterday. Happy I joined this group. Just returning to MFP after a year of health issues. :)
  • NatashaTaylor77
    NatashaTaylor77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps, just joined today! SO EXCITED!!!
  • focused5
    focused5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Had a loss of .2 this morning. Tiny, but I'll take it.
    Breakfast - Quinoa w almond milk + dates
    Lunch - Quinoa w chicken (see the theme here?)
    Dinner - TBD

• Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Monday evening I made up lunches for me and my fiance for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Chicken breasts with herbs, spices and added, onions, peppers & mushrooms and 1/2 cup cooked brown rice for me and 1 cup for the fiance with some salad, plus healthy snacks 1 for the AM and 1 for the PM: homemade protein bar; protein shake; fruit & chicken chunks; cucumber, cottage cheese & rice cakes or rice cakes & organic no added sugar peanut butter

So far so good even though I went to the cinema last night I was pretty good and took food with me to nibble on

Jen
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Fizzgig168 wrote: »

I love this app! It is so much fun, and I swear I get more of a work out from it because my heart beats twice as fast from the adrenaline of running "from" something lol.

Hahah, yes! Sometimes my heart race increases because I pick something up and for a moment I think that I'm about to have to sprint for my life! :mrgreen:

LOL. I love it! I'm really gonna have to look into that!
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good day yesterday. I finished my week 1 of C25K in the morning, but then I went over on my calories because I just REALLY wanted one of those yummy looking potato bread dinner rolls. Then I ate another one! I was still under my calories from what I briskly walked off in the morning, but I don't like going over my 1200... I usually don't eat my burned calories back. So I ended up going for a second walk last night. I went by myself, and it was quite nice. I didn't have to go a speed that someone else wanted or needed to go. I ended up walking for 4.6 miles in an hour and 15 minutes. Plus, if anyone knows how the Ozarks are, you know you can't go more than 50 feet without going either up or down a hill. And these aren't just tiny, baby hills! And where my house is, if it snows, you aren't leaving the house. Anyways... I ended up weighing in this morning with a 1/2 lb loss from yesterday! I'm so excited!
  • jennb3056
    jennb3056 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself this morning and I'm finally back in a "Normal" BMI! So excited that I've stuck with this so far and can't wait to keep going.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Check-In!
    I got my 1 mile walk in this morning in addition to Leg day with some Abs mixed in :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    My daily check-in
    Worked out like a boss today, my fitbit isn't updating on my app :'( when I get home tonight I guess I'll troubleshooting it. I had a hearty dinner last night (my diary is open but theres only 2 days Ive tracked so far!).

Are there any other work out at home types here? What do you do? videos? weights? I love fitnessblender and im starting to get into melissa bender.
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My daily check-in
    Worked out like a boss today, my fitbit isn't updating on my app :'( when I get home tonight I guess I'll troubleshooting it. I had a hearty dinner last night (my diary is open but theres only 2 days Ive tracked so far!).

Are there any other work out at home types here? What do you do? videos? weights? I love fitnessblender and im starting to get into melissa bender.
    I think there is an issue with the Fitbit app as mine hasn't been syncing since Friday evening! @strong_curves
  • clairebeaven
    clairebeaven Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and off to pump class and on track for my calorie goal
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    hey everyone, i just joined this group last night. i woke up this morning 2 pounds lighter than i did yesterday. i guess i'm off to a decent start! glad to be apart of this group :smile:
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 3

Still on track with tracking my food. Yoga class last night and Reformer tonight. 1/2 pound down from Monday.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Today has been... interesting.
    Set my alarm early to get in PiYo before class, but I put my phone across the room so that I would actually get out of bed. But I guess that it needed to be plugged in, because the damn traitor battery died and I ended up waking up 10 minutes before class (it's a 20 minute walk). For the first time in my 4 years as a student, I had to take a cab to class. I really missed my morning walk, but I managed to make it up between classes. Still kind playing catch-up, because now I have to do PiYo in addition to my usual afternoon exercise.

First class pot-luck was today, and I think I managed to enjoy myself without going overboard. Hoorah!

Vegan baking class tonight - the challenge will be to wait until tomorrow to enjoy the [figurative] fruit of my labour.
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I wish I could workout today. So sore and need a rest day. Discouraged because I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing but am not seeing the results that I thought I'd see. This is only week two since I started back on MFP. I just thought that the first two weeks would show more progress, since most of the loss should be from water weight. Oh well. I shouldn't obsess so much (sigh). Not giving up. It's too early in the game for that!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    It's annoying, it worked fine until yesterday afternoon. :neutral: get it together fitbit!!!
    Jenjaz1910 wrote: »
    My daily check-in

I think there is an issue with the Fitbit app as mine hasn't been syncing since Friday evening! @strong_curves

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Checking in today-
    I did 20 minutes yoga, followed by 20 minutes on the treadmill then had to cut out early to meet my Mom and step-dad for lunch. Mom and I shared a small chicken quesadilla and I also brought a spinach salad.

@strong_curves - I also workout at home. I like to mix it up so sometimes I walk on my treadmill, or do aerobic dance, yoga, YouTube videos, bodyweight exercises, circuit training with weights and disc golf. I've heard fitnessblender is cool, so I need to check that out. I'm finding tons of good videos on YouTube! (including Jillian Michaels 30 day shred). I also have a stack of workout videos that I haven't even done yet.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    Today has been... interesting.
    Set my alarm early to get in PiYo before class, but I put my phone across the room so that I would actually get out of bed. But I guess that it needed to be plugged in, because the damn traitor battery died and I ended up waking up 10 minutes before class (it's a 20 minute walk). For the first time in my 4 years as a student, I had to take a cab to class. I really missed my morning walk, but I managed to make it up between classes. Still kind playing catch-up, because now I have to do PiYo in addition to my usual afternoon exercise.

First class pot-luck was today, and I think I managed to enjoy myself without going overboard. Hoorah!

Vegan baking class tonight - the challenge will be to wait until tomorrow to enjoy the [figurative] fruit of my labour.

Please share (figuratively) what you're making in vegan baking class! I'm always up for a new recipe and have lots of vegan friends who appreciate my baking.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Options
    groovigyrl wrote: »
    I wish I could workout today. So sore and need a rest day. Discouraged because I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing but am not seeing the results that I thought I'd see. This is only week two since I started back on MFP. I just thought that the first two weeks would show more progress, since most of the loss should be from water weight. Oh well. I shouldn't obsess so much (sigh). Not giving up. It's too early in the game for that!

Please don't get discouraged. I didn't start out with a bang either. Lots of people lose a bunch right away, but not me. My weight loss has been quite slow, but I have seen some progress. I've lost around 10 pounds in 2.5 months. That's not quite 1 pound a week, but at least scale is going in the right direction! Hang in there groovigyrl!
This discussion has been closed.