Sparkling water instead of normal?

Options
i need water in my diet but I really hate it and find it plain to drink during the day! Is sparkling okay to drink? I know it's only carbonated but does anyone really know?

Replies

• CarolynInDC
    CarolynInDC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is any difference. I sometimes enjoy sparkling water with a nice splash of OJ or pomegranate juice (no more than 1/4 cup, if you're measuring). Keeps it low calorie, yet tasty... to up the fancy, drink from wine glass ;)
  • sarabclaypole
    sarabclaypole Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    People I have spoken with suggest infusing plain water with fruit over night such as lemons, limes, or berries. I use mango aloe in mine.
  • sarabclaypole
    sarabclaypole Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there is any difference. I sometimes enjoy sparkling water with a nice splash of OJ or pomegranate juice (no more than 1/4 cup, if you're measuring). Keeps it low calorie, yet tasty... to up the fancy, drink from wine glass ;)

I drink my protein shakes from a wine glass to make it fancy! Hehe
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am not keen on plain tap water so I have a filter jug to get all the crap out and it does taste much better than straight from the tap. I guess it all depends on where you live , I have found that water often tastes different in different cities.
  • kuwashima
    kuwashima Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hope it's okay to drink because I drink it all day. I have a soda stream that I use and love it. I squeeze a lemon or orange wedge in my water to add a little flavor sometimes.
  • knbw7788
    knbw7788 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm obsessed with sparkling water (mainly St Croix and Klarbrunn) but, I notice if I have 2 or 3 I will feel super bloated, which isn't great for self-esteem.
  • laoryn
    laoryn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of herbal/decaf tea, hot, cool, room temp, whatever. There are a lot of flavors out there, some I like and some I hate, and many don't need sweetener.

I also like Crystal Light and similar products, and I only put a little shake to flavor my water instead of the whole measure. Some people don't want artificial sweeteners, but i personally don't care.
  • snowboardandasuitcase
    snowboardandasuitcase Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I started buying sparkling water about a month ago! I drink it all day at work, but I would NEVER drink water at home. Not because I hate it or anything, it just never seemed appealing(?). But now I'm going through at least an extra litre of water per evening just from making the switch!

I don't know that it's good to be drinking, but I can't imagine that it'd be bad. I mean, it's just water, and that gas usually makes its way up after a cpl seconds... lol. :mask:
  • lalisa5
    lalisa5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I drink sparkling water everyday it was my diet Pepsi replacement. I haven't any issues with it.
  • margoinchicago
    margoinchicago Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use the sodastream to carbonate my water. I love it! I've also done a lot of research on the pros and cons and the carbonated water is just as good for you. Bonus!! :)
  • anotherwarriorgirl
    anotherwarriorgirl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I forgot where I read this, but I saw something that said there is really no difference, however, people naturally stop drinking carbonated water faster because you can't chug it like plain water. I think as long as you're getting a sufficient water intake, you should be fine! :)
  • ashleyohair
    ashleyohair Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny girl sparkling waters!! It helped me transition from pop to water, now I love drinking water....BUT... It's my go to when I start to crave pop. :)
  • katiejuanitaellis
    katiejuanitaellis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Instead of drinking wine with my roomies I'll have some Perrier or San Pal. Changes it up from normal water and having it from a wine glass makes you feel fancy :blush:
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've started drinking sparkling mineral water (from Whole Foods), which has a nice little bite. So much better than regular water, or even regular sparkling water!
  • Lmans77
    Lmans77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's helping me break my diet coke addiction. Drink up!
  • Samma6652
    Samma6652 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drink sparkling poland spring but usually mandarin orange or raspberry lime. Like others, it was my soda replacement but i still chug regular water :)
  • NinaChagas
    NinaChagas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We drink sprarkling/seltzer water in my household as well as Poland Spring from water machine we purchased. But recently I been drinking less seltzer and more regular spring water since my sisters nutritionist adviced her this causes gas bubbles in your stomach from the carbonation that can be painful-(which I have experienced since I've been drinking it for years) and can potentionlly damage the inside lining of your intestine and of corse this is if you drink tons of it. But it is a better choice than drinking soda.
  • marsia1234
    marsia1234 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love sparkling water but have cut down because it is known to give you trapped wind! May not be the case for everyone. I heard as well the Sodium in it can dry out your skin, but if you're swapping soda for sparkling water I don't see any harm! Everyone's body is different so if it's working for you it should be fine!