Meat Spreadsheet

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
Here are popular beef, fish, poultry items form my spreadsheet.

rqc14u6y0fso.jpg

As you suspected, bacon was at the top. But it looks like its the highest protein as well.

There is a higher hamburger (27% fat) but I couldn't find it on CalorieKing (my source)

If you see an item I left out, let me know...

I hope this helps,

Dan the Man from Michigan

Replies

• ohmrschocolate
    ohmrschocolate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dan The Man
  • merlynn
    merlynn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    cool. thanks!
  • mopup9
    mopup9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very Cool... I do notice say for 1 slice of Bacon, lots of same entries with different values. This helps!
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    There are 2 different kinds of bacon I've been eating lately:
    1) HEB Natural Applewood smoked uncured bacon
    2 slices: 80 cals 0 carbs 0 fibre 6 fat 7 protein

2) Pederson's Natural Farms uncured hickory smoked No Sugar Added bacon (paleo friendly)
    2 slices: 120 cals 0 carbs 0 fibre 12 fat 2 protein

The slices are about the same size and weight about the same. Maybe the Pederson's are a teensy bit thicker cut, but they are also a teensy bit narrower in parts.
    Such huge differences in values, though.

Also, Dan, you might want to throw 80/20 ground beef on the chart. I've honestly never seen 75/25 ground beef and have a hard time sometimes finding 80/20 for my fiance these days.

-T.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The generic "ground beef in a tube" like:

2740175128_2b2a7bc981.jpg

is frequently lower than 80/20, I think the one they use at the warehouse store I shop at is 73/27. I'm still wary of it, it just seems... cheap, maybe that's just pre-keto me hanging on to old notions, I'm not sure.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If your local has a butcher on site, they will gladly blend in the extra fat into an existing ground beef. They do this anyway, but default with cuts. All you need to tell them is what you're going for. Often, it won't cost much if any more, anyway. I think the fat is less than a $1 a pound, and the beef is whatever price it is. On the flip side, you can freeze any fat it one inch chunks for 30-60 minutes in the freezer (along with the beef cubes or ground) and mince it in the food processer or just add bacon drippings to your meat to up your own fat contents...
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @DittoDan : Pork Belly or any pork for that matter
  • Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    radiii wrote: »

is frequently lower than 80/20, I think the one they use at the warehouse store I shop at is 73/27. I'm still wary of it, it just seems... cheap, maybe that's just pre-keto me hanging on to old notions, I'm not sure.

Not at the stores around here. I guess Austin is just too healthy! hah!
    And yeah...the "tube meat" seems pretty sketchy...
    I still need to find a butcher around here. The meat counters at my stores are not like what I'm used to. That's both good and bad. :/

-T.
  • teets77
    teets77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    radiii wrote: »

Yeah, that what I get and they have it at many stores here in Michigan. Makes for juicy burgers on the BBQ grill. You lose some of the fat, but when it drips on the fire, it makes that wonderful smoky taste we all love! :D

And best of all, its so cheap! (cause it has all the unhealthy (NOT!) fat in it)...

I hope this helps,

It's Ketogenic or Bariatric! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet
    Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Discussion Groups
    Blog #13 DittoDan's Milestone's, First's And Good Changes Since Starting the Ketogenic Diet
  • MizTenaciousT
    MizTenaciousT Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Here are popular beef, fish, poultry items form my spreadsheet.

rqc14u6y0fso.jpg

As you suspected, bacon was at the top. But it looks like its the highest protein as well.

There is a higher hamburger (27% fat) but I couldn't find it on CalorieKing (my source)

If you see an item I left out, let me know...

I hope this helps,

Thank you Dan! This is great.