Stopping by to say HI!!!

Options
Moe0112
Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
New to this group. Hoping to meet some new people who understand what a crazy life changing experience this whole thing is. I just recently had my surgery done last Thursday April 2nd. So far so good I'm just worried I'm not getting enough nutrients cause I'm hardly hungry at all. Still kinda hurts taking small sips of water or even just eating a Popsicle. Has anyone else had issues after surgery? Any helpful advice anyone is willing to share is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's going to take time. Just take small sips of your liquids throughout the day and know that every day will get better. I'm 8 weeks post-op so those first few weeks are still fresh in my mind. I was able to start taking my vitamins at 2 weeks post-op and that's when I started feeling much better...prior to that I was quite weak...and I had a hard time getting in those liquids. But again - every day gets better. :-)
  • Moe0112
    Options
    I hope so! Thanks for the advice!
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Moe0112,
    Your experience is completely normal so far. Don't worry about lack of nutrients vitamin supplements will carry you through until you can get them with food. At 9 months I'm just now getting most of my nutrients from food.

Your focus now is to get your water first 48 - 64 oz is what most plans ask for. Then the next focus is on protein needs.

We are all here for you so add me and others as friends my diet is open to friends only.

Randy (registered nurse)
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ditto what the others have said. Get your rest. Don't push too hard. Do your best. Hang tight. Walk every day. And sip your water. You've got this!
  • Laurac727
    Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am just over two weeks out and just now getting energy back slowly. Take it slow and just concentrate on fluid goal first, then protein goal. One day at a time and every day will be different so just take it as your body tells you it needs. I sent you friend request, we have a great group on here for support and much valued. Message for anything you need and Randy is right, another good nurse there
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just echoing what the others have said. It gets better and better every day. I am seven weeks out from surgery and I have no regrets. There were definitely a few challenges, but as long as you keep focusing on the end result you will be good! I just sent you a friend request, too.
  • Moe0112
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!! And thank you for the adds. It really means a lot to have people who understand, since some of the other groups weren't so receptive. Went to see my primary today and he was really happy with the progress so far. I was hoping to return to work next week however he has other plans. How long was everyone out for?