food options

Options
Looking for non dairy food ideas, I either eat too much dairy or too much protein, looking for other options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    depends on what you're looking to take dairy out of? Desserts? Toppings for other food (like butter and cheese), or what? Give us an idea of where you are struggling to remove dairy...

Love the link, @kirkor
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I agree with Knit, we could be of more help if we had more information about your ultimate goal (ie - why are you removing dairy?), as well as what you're currently consuming.

If you're going completely dairy free (like, no butter or anything), here are some general ideas:

Use coconut oil, coconut butter, or lard in place of butter.
    Use coconut milk (unsweetened) or coconut cream in place of heavy whipping cream.
    Make omelets with meats and vegetables and just omit the cheese.
    If you snack, trade cheese snacks for meat snacks or a spoonful of coconut or nut butter.
  • karahhanson203
    karahhanson203 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No Weight loss even when in ketosis, so trying to cut back on dairy to see if it helps, cream cheese in fat bombs, strung cheese has been one of my go to snacks also.
  • karahhanson203
    Options
    What is the typical daily menu for other people?
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Without more information, I couldn't really say for sure, but maybe it's not the dairy and very high protein. What are your ratios of carbs to fats to protein in percent of your calories? If your protein is very high and fats and carbs low, that could be the culprit.
  • karahhanson203
    Options
    Protein is running around 25% of my calories
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    But where is your fat, percentage wise? I run 20-40% protein, but on those days most of the rest is fat.
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @sweetteadrinker2 If OP is following the generally accepted keto percentages, then her carb percentage should be at 5%, she said her protein is running at 25%, so logically her fat is at 70%.

So, either OP isn't logging correctly and underestimating the actual carb intake; or, there's no calorie deficit so OP is just maintaining weight.

I would double check those cheese sticks, make sure there's no carbs in there that you may not have noticed. The cream cheese usually isn't an issue though, neither is butter.

If not...are you keeping away from starchy vegetables? A lot of veggies are good on keto, but certain ones like potato are super carby.
  • karahhanson203
    Options
    Thank you
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    green salad with mackerel, olives and avocado?