Binge Eating

Options
Ive had a terrible binge eating day! Feel disgusted with myself and I always eat in secret so no one else would see how much junk food I can eat! Bingeing is my worst habit when trying to be healthy. I have been doing 4:3 for three weeks now, no weightloss no inch loss and today I just pigged out completely!!! Don't know why I'm finding it so hard this time around as 5:2 worked amazing for me in 2013!! I also do my minimum 10,000 steps most days! Argh...so frustrating!!! Sorry for the rant

Replies

• cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing/measuring/logging everything? We tend to underestimate what we eat. But I 'wasted' 1500 cals on crisps and chocolate yesterday, lost control a bit but counted it all. You can do that with 5:2 o:)
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that. There are times when I can scarf down a ton of chocolate or crisps or cheese and still never feel satisfied but so long as no-one sees me and/or I don't log it it, in my head it's somehow OK. The important thing is to recognise what's happening and be honest with yourself if not with MFP ;) , then move on. Tomorrow is a new day! :)
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yep, we all have those. It helped me a lot to try register my patterns. I noticed that week before shark week, I'm insatiable. Possibly ghrelin hormone acting out. Once I understood this about my cycles, I just let it be and take it as maintenance. Trying to swim upstream, make everything so much harder. Cost benefit.

If I'm overeating cause of boredom or avoiding my feelings, then I have to deal with that in a better way.

I highly recommend keeping a diary, as a non-judgmental tool. Honest accounting and tracking sometimes hurt, but at least you'll be able to go back at a later time and see what you were doing.

I don't remember it exactly, but someone said something along this in another post: "If the answer to your troubles isn't food, then food isn't the solution".

TL;DR Forgive yourself your mistakes. Learn the lesson. Move on.
  • victoria_smith
    victoria_smith Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who did that!! "If you can't see me eat this big pack of sharing crisps- I haven't really had them" :neutral:
    I guess I was a fool really.. I didn't think about the contents of what I was eating. Portion sizes were alien to me... Hence why I am now weighing everything. and why I gained 4 stone In a few years...
    finally the scales are moving the opposite direction and I have accountability for what I am eating. I am starting to feel good again.. like there is a light at the end of the tunnel. (silly I know).
  • startingoveragain2020
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your replies and I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this. I never used to do this at all, I was so clean and good with food but some days now I just feel out of control.
    I keep saying tomorrow is a new day but then I do it again.
    I've redone my TDEE as one website said it was almost 2000 but MFP says it's only 1700, so changing non fast days to that and hopefully see the scales or inches moving shortly. Thanks again for all replies.