Headaches. Kinda girly stuff.

Options
toddrundgrenrocks
toddrundgrenrocks Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
I've been eating OMAD for one month and my biggest fear has been an increase in headaches due to under. I assumed that my normal mode of combat for headaches (some combination of Triscuits, glass of milk, Motrin, ice or warm pack, lavender oil, Gatorade, protein, more sleep) was going to just have to be factored in on headache days as extra eating.

I've also kept track of my monthly cycle for years (highly recommended) and could predict headache days to some extent because I note when they happen as well as other unusual symptoms or feelings. Sometimes, though, I would still jump right to thinking I was hungry or needed protein and feed the headache.

In going over the last four months, something jumped out at me. Last month (totally OMAD) I had two headaches. The previous three I had 5, 7, and 6 headaches!!

So something has changed for the better. After seven pounds lost I don't think its blood pressure, yet. But I like the direction this is heading!

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I struggled with headaches in the 1990s, mainly. I find that if I sleep too long, headaches (migraines with full-on sensitivity to light and nausea) can be an issue, but this is rare for me these days.

I guess your situation has to do with the benefits of fasting. It resets the body and lessens inflammation overall. Most everything is improved to some degree or another. Keep us posted on this.