The New Atkins

Options
wabmester
wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
Just got a copy from the library. This is the version of Atkins modified by Phinney and Volek. So far, I like it. Lots of good advice backed by science.

Yet I can't recall anybody using it here. Did I miss something? Is it popular and I didn't notice, or is it unpopular and I missed the reason it didn't catch on?

Replies

• DissLocated
    DissLocated Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use it :) I found it very useful in the early days when still trying to get my head round proportions of fat/protein etc The recommended portions sizes basically put you onto a keto diet. Have to admit though that I've not followed a lot of the more fiddly stuff, carb ladder, ongoing weight loss, pre-maintenance etc etc. I'm just sticking with a modified version of induction.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I have heard folk mention it in posting, so I guess people do use it, maybe on a low carb board they just call it low carb?
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I found it to be very similar to the Protein Power plan that I (mostly) stick to.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I use it :) I found it very useful in the early days when still trying to get my head round proportions of fat/protein etc The recommended portions sizes basically put you onto a keto diet. Have to admit though that I've not followed a lot of the more fiddly stuff, carb ladder, ongoing weight loss, pre-maintenance etc etc. I'm just sticking with a modified version of induction.

This is pretty much me as well. I use Atkins as a guideline.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I read it, but I pretty much borrow bits and pieces from different plans and cobble together my own plan.

Current reading: The Wild Diet, by Abel James
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I started with it, and have pretty much kept induction level carbs. It is a ketogenic diet when you stay on Induction.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yup. Good basic with carb levels. Also lots of good talk about the way it works.