I need LOW carb HIGH protien foods.. GO!

Options
riveragirl15
riveragirl15 Posts: 48 Member
Trying to fix my macros. Anything amazing that I'm not thinking of besides meat?? Help guys!

Replies

• thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hard boiled egg? It was the first thing that popped into my head lol x
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    cinnamon butter yum = blend soft butter, cinnamon, fav sweetener to taste or use full fat cream cheese in place of butter.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese.... Beef jerky, beef sticks, nuts not high protein but still a great snack
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    yturie47 wrote: »
    cinnamon butter yum = blend soft butter, cinnamon, fav sweetener to taste or use full fat cream cheese in place of butter.
    Sorry I meant to say low fat cc . Obviously the butter is just ^ fat ratio. Its hard to beat meat and eggs for protein.
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Cheese!! Most cheeses have close to a 50/50 split between fat and protein which makes it pretty sweet if you ask me.

All types of cheese, string cheese, cut some right off the block, I also came across this recipe for cheese chips where you just put thinly sliced cheese on a pan and bake it for a while til it gets bubbly and browns. Let it cool and it's nice and crispy, perfect snack or appetizer.

Also eggs in all their forms.
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds... a little dirty, but I like them to help with my salt intake too. Try a flavored version because IMO the regular ones are nasty.

Protein powder? I've made either a warm shake or "ice cream". Blend protein powder of choice with butter, coconut oil, cream, almond milk, coconut creme, etc for desired macros, texture, temperature. Depending on the protein powder you have, you could even potentially make a brownie. Add some butter or coconut oil, egg, and maybe some almond milk and/or unsweetened cocoa powder if necessary?

Sometimes mixing weird stuff turns out to be yummy and a new favorite food.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes like premier are low carb, and very high protein. You can blend things b into them if you like. Some berries or a lc peanut butter.
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Egg SALAD, with Cains mayo. Chicken SALAD, with Cains mayo.

Cains mayo.

Cream cheese and celery. Cream cheese mixed with salsa and celery.
    Cream cheese and pork rinds.

Cream cheese on a spoon.
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Unprocessed meat. Eggs.
  • riveragirl15
    riveragirl15 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Fat4Fuel2 wrote: »
    Pork rinds... a little dirty, but I like them to help with my salt intake too. Try a flavored version because IMO the regular ones are nasty.

Protein powder? I've made either a warm shake or "ice cream". Blend protein powder of choice with butter, coconut oil, cream, almond milk, coconut creme, etc for desired macros, texture, temperature. Depending on the protein powder you have, you could even potentially make a brownie. Add some butter or coconut oil, egg, and maybe some almond milk and/or unsweetened cocoa powder if necessary?

Sometimes mixing weird stuff turns out to be yummy and a new favorite food.

Thanks so much @Fat4Fuel2 ! This gives me tons of ideas!
  • Jolene5329
    Jolene5329 Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I make an egg basket and have two for breakfast.

Cup cake pan, line each cup with your favorite bacon or ham.
    Drop an egg in each cup
    Top off with 1/3 cup of your favorite cheese.
    Bake 350 for 20 minutes.
  • Jolene5329
    Jolene5329 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oops ... Left this part off ... No carbs, 12 protein, total fat is 11

• valknnedy891
    valknnedy891 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Trying to fix my macros. Anything amazing that I'm not thinking of besides meat?? Help guys!
    what do I need to know about "macros" ??? trying to eat more protein and less carb/fat.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    what do I need to know about "macros" ??? trying to eat more protein and less carb/fat.

I suggest that you go to the top of this page and read The Launch Pad... It explains macros in detail.