Hello all!

jadedpanther
jadedpanther Posts: 10 Member
I'm Lauren and new to the group! I'm 31 and weigh 350. My goal is to just lose 10lbs a month. I'm not giving up carbs or doing any fads this time around. I just want to do it the healthy way. I'm fortunate that I don't have high blood pressure or any other health issues (besides being obese). I want onderland. I haven't seen a one in front of my weight since I was in elementary school. I'm just going to take it one day at a time. Feel free to add me as a friend. I could really use the support. Thanks!

Replies

• ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    The weight will come off without the fads, just be sure you accurately track everything you eat. I started at 360 the day after Christmas last year, and am now down to 312 by using the Calories In<Calories Out philosophy. I am eating somewhat healthier foods, but that is to try and hit all my nutrients and avoid the overly processed foods (personal preference, not a requirement to lose weight by any means).

Participation in the Motivation, Support and Accountability thread and the monthly Weight Loss Challenge helps keep me motivated; as well as a few other forums on the site (I particularly enjoy the Success Stories).

Welcome to the group.
  • Camilleathome
    Camilleathome Posts: 99 Member
    exactly. My mentality now, which has helped me immensely is to make my calories count. So I try to keep the food I eat as healthy as I can and make sure that I have a good ratio of carbs and protein to help me keep full and try to pick good carbs and proteins. Lean meats, whole wheat, brown rice, potatoes on occasion. I went on and off a lot because I kept making mistakes but now I feel a lot better with the way things are going. I'm enjoying the food i'm eating and feel fufilled. My husband eats the food I eat and loves it too so I feel accomplished that he is getting healthy also(The man has a crazy high metabolism though so hes always skinny even at 52, the jerk lol) and it just makes things much easier. if your looking for good recipe ideas let me know! Cooking is my passion.
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Welcome to the group Lauren, good luck on your journey!!
  • jadedpanther
    jadedpanther Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you, everyone! I appreciate it.