When do you eat?

Options
hnovak0103
hnovak0103 Posts: 26 Member
I am having a hard time figuring when to eat before my workout. If i eat too close to the workout I am full but if I wait to long I get lightheaded. What do you guys do? Do you take any supplements/protein shakes? Did you guys order the recovery and results stuff they drink?

Replies

• ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I did this 2 years ago, and I was doing my workouts at 7pm, I was eating a small dinner at 5, and then if I needed it a snack later in the evening. For me this helped lower my calories overall because I tend to overeat after work. I didn't use supplements or results and recovery. I did start adding protein powder to my morning smoothies.

Side note - I'm pumped to be re starting!
  • hnovak0103
    hnovak0103 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did this 2 years ago, and I was doing my workouts at 7pm, I was eating a small dinner at 5, and then if I needed it a snack later in the evening. For me this helped lower my calories overall because I tend to overeat after work. I didn't use supplements or results and recovery. I did start adding protein powder to my morning smoothies.

Side note - I'm pumped to be re starting!

I was pumped until I got busy last night. Today is a new day! I think I might start protein powder in my smoothies but not sure what to buy. I think I will shop around today. I like working out at night too. I feel like it makes my body burn fat while I sleep-I know that's silly. I should make my dinner a more concrete time. Thanks for your feedback!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I tend to do the same. I eat a small meal about 2 hours before I train and I drink a protein shake an hour before. That gives me the energy to work hard.