Downward spiral

Options
mishmish2
mishmish2 Posts: 5 Member
I'm not sure what exactly has set me off the last couple days but I have completely gone off my plan. I have been really stressed this week but am so frustrated at myself for not exercising and eating binges of bread and cereal and chocolates. I can't bring myself to exercise after eating all this because I feel sick and I don't see the point. I've already gone off the rails with the food. And next week I'm bridesmaid shopping for my sisters wedding. I can't bear the idea going there at this weight!! :(

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    you know what? IT will all be ok. Whenever I am stressed or distressed about something, and want to pack food in my face, I try to put it all in perspective now.

The dress fitting is getting you stressed, because you don't want to be the "fat one".... well you may or may not be, but the point is you have been doing well. Setting a date for weight loss is setting yourself up for disappointment, because weight loss is not linear for most people. How long is it until your sister's wedding? You still have time to get some of the weight down and get that dress altered!

What I try to do when I get like that is remember that I have "first world" problems. Remember who you are doing this for and why. Compliments are nice, but you are really doing this to feel good about yourself. Try to feel good about yourself ALREADY NOW. Each day do the very best you can that day, start again tomorrow. Feel good about what you have already accomplished!

So many things set us off. Just yesterday, I thought I was doing really good, but then I went backwards in my food diary and realized I wasn't doing nearly as good as I could, I thought about saying, "forget it, I can't do this" but then I remember the reasons I started in the first place.

1. I will probably need a knee replacement within the next two years and they wont do it if I don't lose weight
    2. If my mother gets sick, how will I care for her if I can't get around properly and without pain?
    3. I am tired of being the fattest person in the room
    4. I am tried of being in pain...
    ..... well the list goes on and on, but if I can remember these things, if I can remember that in the scheme of things in the world, I am PRIVILEGED, and if I can remember that I am human, it will be ok. You will be ok. instead of dragging yourself to do he exercise, do something physical you think is fun.. go out dancing or something :)

I hope that helps a little
    Good luck on your journey
  • mishmish2
    mishmish2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much :) your words help a lot. It is "first world problems" and I need to work on not being so negative with myself. I need to be kinder otherwise I just set myself up for disappointment. Today is a new day and so far I've made healthy choices.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    that's great! a reason to feel good. and proud for not giving in!
  • Michelle52801429
    Michelle52801429 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day!