What inspiring message or call to action appears on your MFP profile page?

Options
I'm borrowing this idea from one of my MFP pals. It led to a fun and inspiring thread on his page. Here goes.....

MFP allows you to post an inspiring message or commitment to yourself on your profile page. A lot of people use this field to include an inspiring quote or share a personal mantra or make a commitment to themselves.

Mine used to read "Determined to lose 100+ pounds."

These days, it reads "Working just as hard at this maintenance thing as I did at losing weight (because this is forever)."

What does yours read?

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Mine says, "Live One Day At A Time"

Here's a blog I wrote which explains why:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BRaye325/view/-relax-live-one-day-at-a-time-steve-raye-718478
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    "Life's too short!"

My best friend and I rode German (BMW) motorcycles and on a whim he had "Life's too short to ride a Jap bike" painted on his helmet. Eventually he shortened it to simply "Life's too short!" He passed away from cancer at the age of 54 so I assumed the motto in remembrance of him.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Wow, those are both powerful stories, @BRaye325 and @beemerphile1 Thanks for sharing them.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Mine just says, excuses, excuses, that's why we get fat! The story of my life. I always had an excuse to not exercise or eat that second or third piece of cake.
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Mine is "Longevity is useless without vitality."
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @happytrails7...love it!

Mine simply says " I will never give up" which is true cause I'm 62 and still fighting.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    Options
    Love those ones, too, @marekdds @HappyTrails7 and @lovesretirement
  • BRaye325
    Options
    My original one was "We are responsible for our own happiness" - Aristotle
  • alphabetsoup2013
    Options
    Very true, @BRaye325
  • SusieBe9
    SusieBe9 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    np60xhmn56zz.jpg
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mine says, "Time to take care of me!" Because I took care of my son, then my parents, then foster kids, then adoptive kids, last year my husband battling cancer. It's my turn!
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Mine just says 'The 10th cookie doesn't taste any better than the first cookie.'. I am a mindless eater at times and this phrase reminds me not to overeat. Especially delicious, fabulous, mouthwatering treats. It is a battle t say the least.
  • BRaye325
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    'The 10th cookie doesn't taste any better than the first cookie.'.

Yes, I have been making sure not to sit down with an open bag or container of anything and it really has helped. I always measure and put my food on a plate or in a bowl.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @nikkib0103 I tend to be a mindless eater, too..cannot have any cookies, crackers, or chips in the house. I have a problem eating just a portion..have to eat the entire sleeve.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I still remember this one night when I was watching TV and I ate a whole bag of Pepperidge Farm Double Chocolate Milano. I felt sick as a dog and the next day I actually felt like I had a hangover...
  • alphabetsoup2013
    Options
    Mine says, "Time to take care of me!" Because I took care of my son, then my parents, then foster kids, then adoptive kids, last year my husband battling cancer. It's my turn!

I love that, Lin. It is your turn.
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    To alphabetsoup2013
    Thanks Ann, you are such a great friend and support! I so appreciate you!
  • BRaye325
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I was thinking of changing mine to "Larger bass, smaller ***" .............................................................................................................. but my wife won't let me. :wink:
  • heart2health
    heart2health Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    How about "my world is expanding as my butt is shrinking"
  • BRaye325
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »
    I was thinking of changing mine to "Larger bass, smaller ***" .............................................................................................................. but my wife won't let me. :wink:

Well at 90lbs lost and having caught a larger bass in my lake last night, I decided to do it anyway. New photo & slogan posted. It may only be up until my wife sees it. Ha! :wink: