First day home

Options
hii guys! Surgery was yesterday. I had the lab band removal and got the sleeve on top of removing a large hernia any advised...I've been walking and taking my meds but I'm still in pain and his long before all of these wears off??

Replies

• ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It will get better soon keep walking and drinking water. Every day will be better.
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Don't try to tough out the pain. Take your pain meds the doctor gave you. Like Randy said, it will get better each day. Hang in there!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Get plenty of rest between your walking. You've had a pretty major surgery and will need plenty of energy to heal. It will get better pretty quickly and after a month or so, the pain will become a distant memory!

Congrats!
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I felt pretty good after a week, though still kind of doubled over in the core muscle areas. At two weeks I felt great (before I pulled my stitches - ooops!).
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I just had surgery last week. First few days were rough but I'm now feeling a lot better, Like everyone said get rest in between your walks and make sure you drink your liquids!
    Best of luck to you!!!
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    CEK0220 wrote: »
    Don't try to tough out the pain. Take your pain meds the doctor gave you. Like Randy said, it will get better each day. Hang in there!

drink lots of water and walk, it will get better
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip. Every day will get a little better :)
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congrats and wishing you well - after the first few days it gets better rapidly.
  • lmbalders
    lmbalders Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Had my band revision to sleeve Monday and came home yesterday afternoon. Little sore but don't feel so bad. Just been trying to walk, drink, and rest as much as I can. Having my 1 week post-op Monday to have my drain removed. I am pretty nervous about that. Any advice on what to expect?
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Trust the process.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You went home the next day!? Wow! That was fast!
    I had my sleeve on a Tuesday, and stayed in the hospital until the Friday night. I was on a pain pump for three days, so I had pretty much no pain LOL
    I felt pretty good when I went home, and didn't need any pain meds

Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Take is easy, and get lots of rest <3
  • dsjsmom23
    Options
    lmbalders wrote: »
    Had my band revision to sleeve Monday and came home yesterday afternoon. Little sore but don't feel so bad. Just been trying to walk, drink, and rest as much as I can. Having my 1 week post-op Monday to have my drain removed. I am pretty nervous about that. Any advice on what to expect?

Honestly, I was TERRIFIED about the drain removal. I was freaking out about it, and had major anxiety over it. It really was nothing. It did feel weird, but I had zero pain with it.
    Just remember to take a big deep breath, and breathe out while they pull it out.
    As long as the nurse/doctor pulls it out in one swoop, it will be ok. Just remember to BREATHE!

That being said, i'm going for a plastics consult, and the ONLY thing that i'm concerned about is the drains that I will have to have LOL I seriously considered skipping plastics because of the stupid things! I know that is so silly, and it will all be worth it.

Sending you easy drain removal vibes! Hope it goes well for you!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    What are "plastics"?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Plastic surgery @Aztec4Life . :)
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    What is the drain for?
  • lmbalders
    lmbalders Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
    dsjsmom23 wrote: »
    lmbalders wrote: »

Honestly, I was TERRIFIED about the drain removal. I was freaking out about it, and had major anxiety over it. It really was nothing. It did feel weird, but I had zero pain with it.
    Just remember to take a big deep breath, and breathe out while they pull it out.
    As long as the nurse/doctor pulls it out in one swoop, it will be ok. Just remember to BREATHE!

That being said, i'm going for a plastics consult, and the ONLY thing that i'm concerned about is the drains that I will have to have LOL I seriously considered skipping plastics because of the stupid things! I know that is so silly, and it will all be worth it.

Sending you easy drain removal vibes! Hope it goes well for you!

• JamesAztec
    Options
    Wow, enough to have $ or insurance for plastic surgery and you "seriously" considered not doing it because of the drain removal? Maybe appreciating your fortunate financial circumstances might put things in perspective?
  • cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is fortunate enough to not suffer from anxiety over medical procedures. There's more to it than just 'I don't want to do this'.
  • dsjsmom23
    Options
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    Wow, enough to have $ or insurance for plastic surgery and you "seriously" considered not doing it because of the drain removal? Maybe appreciating your fortunate financial circumstances might put things in perspective?

Maybe if you continued reading my post you would have read the part where I said "I know that is so silly, and it will all be worth it."

Nowhere did I ever say that I don't appreciate my "fortunate financial circumstances", which are really none of your business, so why you are bringing MY finances, or lack of, for that matter, into this, I don't get.

The more I think about this? The more rude, and unhelpful your comment is, so with that, I am out.
    Wow.

• JamesAztec
    Options
    I doubt you're "out". Hey, you should be proud of your good fortune. Hell, not too many of us can afford to take 3 months off of work and then get " plastics ". I was just commenting about how you shouldn't be complaining about a tube even if you were being SILLY.