My intro. Looking for MFP accountability friends

Options
Hello all! My name is Lea and I'm 41 years old. Over the past year and a half I put on about 35 lbs. Yes, 3 whole dress sizes. I allowed myself to fall off the wagon, took up a routine of eating poorly and avoiding the gym. Well, I'm back on the wagon and I've now logged into MFP 15 days straight, but I've only lost 2 lbs. Very discouraging, because I wanted to be back in a size 8 by mid-July (Is that unrealistic?) I'm now a size 14. I'm on a 1200 cal diet, adding in 60 minutes of cardio 3 days per week. Any suggestions??? I'm also open to being an accountability partner. I'm serious about doing this.

Replies

• TeamLynie
    TeamLynie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Lea! I hear you -- why's it so easy to gain & so much work to lose! Ha. I'm older than you - 61-- 20 years older-- can that be? I could be your mother. But we won't go there!! In this we're sisters. I am working my way back to fitness after 8 mths of no exercise & bad emotional eating. I had an excuse--surgery, chemo & radiation for breast cancer-- but I want to put that all behind me & get out from under about 25 lbs of excess weight & change the flab to muscle. Your question about why you haven't been losing-- a trainer told me long sessions of cardio like you've been doing can take you out of the fat burning zone & instead burn muscle. Better to do shorter cardio & add some strength training. Cwork with a trainer
  • pdxrose
    pdxrose Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MornIng Ladies. It's hard to believe I was once in great shape, and I keep starting and stopping, starting and stopping. Lea, you probably need to add weight training to build muscle mass and increase your metabolism. I say this as a person who HATES weights. There are programs like Seven Minutes that are a good starting point and can be done anywhere because it's body weight training. And of course there's an app.

Lynie--congrats on getting back on the program. Although I intellectually knew I needed to increase my weight training reading you're words was an "a-ha". Now if I could work up to Ernestine Shepherd.
  • bunnyechoes
    bunnyechoes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! You can add me if you want and we can help each other out. :)
  • staylorim
    staylorim Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Lea. I'm currently a size 14 who would love to be a size 10 by July 4th. Let's do this together!!! I agree with the others to add some weight training.

Lynie--way to go...welcome back!

pdxrose--thanks for the Seven Minutes tip. I will look for the app.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new here and would love to share support and encouragement! I am turning 35 in June and would love to be in much better shape than I am today. Please add me :)
  • wwDiva10
    wwDiva10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Angela and I'm 44 yrs old. Please add me as a friend so we can help each other with accountability. I'm in a vulnerable state today. I'm currently doing the at work Weight Watchers program but seem to have hit a brick wall. I haven't lost a single pound in over a month. Very hard to continue the journey with no results. I need help with motivation and accountability. I'm so frustrated.