Hi everyone. I need you

Options
Hi to all. I have flip flopped with my weight my entire life. Weight watchers pro- lost, gained, lost, gained more. Etc. Come from foodie family and love to eat. My A1C is borderline diabetic so I took a Diab prevention class and used MFP. Lost 30lbs from June thru Jan. Was exercising also. In Feb I couldn't exercise due to a chronic issue that I have with my feet. I was stressed and started eating. Stopped tracking on MFP and gained 10 lbs back as of today I desparately need to get back on track and hope that I can be a part of a group for mutual support
That's my story ! I am hoping to start tracking again tomorrow morn!
Lisa

Replies

• ElleBoogie1982
    ElleBoogie1982 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,
    I feel your pain! I also have health issues (knee and back problems) that have made it hard for me to exercise and be active like I used to... For a long time I made excuses for myself. What I've realised is that it comes down to creating healthy eating habits and small, daily successes. I'm learning to not beat myself up about lapses or mistakes. Look at the positive! You have managed to lose and keep off 20lbs!! I salute you in continuing despite some setbacks. Hopefully we can help each other with words of encouragement! :D
    Danielle
  • jodibraun842
    jodibraun842 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, lets support one another! You are both motivated and able to make small changes for a lifetime, me too! Look forward to being inspired by you. I was really in pretty good shape 3 years ago. New job, more work hours, a move/house remodel and empty nesting changed my pattern and I got out of shape and gained ~ 10 lbs. Now, I look forward to getting in shape again (cycled 50 miles this weekend, 20 in the brisk wind). Want to look good for my son's wedding this summer. Lisa and Danielle -- wishing you the best on this journey.
    Jodi
  • Julie95020
    Julie95020 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Lisa, I have had a similar history of weight issues for all of my adult life. Up and down, over and over. Every time I start to get on the right track something seems to happen to derail me. The latest was developing plantar fasciitis two weeks after getting into a healthy food and walking routine. So I haven't been able to hike or go on my daily walks for 2 months. I am lucky though that I am able to burn calories on the stationary bike. I don't enjoy it like I do walking and hiking but at least it's exercise. I know it's a cliche but I find it helpful to try and take it one day at a time. Also, finding a healthy breakfast/lunch routine has helped a lot so I don't have to think about it every day when I'm in a hurry getting ready for work. Good luck with the tracking! You can do this!
  • princessmariannabanana
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I feel your pain, I've been a cheerleader for the past 4 years. Very active, my weight flip flopping from 190 - 160. I recently just started this tracking and I am very determined to maintain the weight. You want support? You got it! We can do it ladies! <3:)
  • pitchf0rk
    pitchf0rk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I'm Annemarie. I successfully lost 10kg with weight watchers a few years ago. But as I stopped following the program everything and a bit more came back slowly. At that time I also didn't do any sports.
    Then last year I started with mfp and I was also quite active. In May I was diagnosed hyperthyroid and as my Body was craving for a lot of crap I let it happen. First I lost weight, as my metabolism worked like crazy. Now with the medication I'm back to a normal metabolism, but my eating Habits were still not good. I was also no allowed and not able to do sports for the last half year.
    Now, as my medication is good, I try to get back in shape. I am not following a certain diet, but I try to have my 5 veggies/fruits a day and cook quite healthy. I also try to do at least 3 times Sport/week.
    This way I'd like to lose 15kg (33lbs). But I want to do it with a Routine that I can Keep even when I'm not counting calories anymore.

I'm happy to be at this Group. I'm sure all of us can do this!
  • Cindie84
    Cindie84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Regardless of the set backs we all face/faced we're here now with a common goal, getting back on track! I'm trying to get my weight under control and hopefully say good-bye to these pressure pills for good! I've had hbp since I was 24 and I'm 31 now. Diabetes and heart disease also runs rampant amongst the females in my family! I started back tracking my meals consistently in Feb of this year and have lost 16lbs so far! I still have a looooong way to go but I'm more determined this time around then I've ever been. I am here for support morning, noon and night! We can do this!
    -Cynthia
  • ElleBoogie1982
    ElleBoogie1982 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, loving the support and sharing of ideas in this group. Let's keep it up!! xx
  • 1momof3boys2
    1momof3boys2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Just reading all of these responses has given me a reason to stick with this! So far I have been good today. I intend to check this group blog every day and I feel really inspired by all of you!
  • ptmom99
    ptmom99 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I am a breast cancer survivor and have struggled losing weight between decreased ability to be active and some medications. It is definitely about consistent, small changes. And realizing that one bad choice doesn't have to ruin all the good choices we've already made.
  • Julie95020
    Julie95020 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi ptmom99. That sounds very challenging. Congratulations on being a survivor and not giving up on the weight loss efforts despite the obstacles. You are an inspiration!