Easy healthy snacks?

Options
Hi!
I'm looking for healthy, easy to make/buy snack recipes (sweet and salty)! I'd love suggestions.

Replies

• edawe81
    edawe81 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi,

Not sure your tastebuds, however I had a 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese, 3 crushed pecans, and 1/4 cup strawberries mixed in all for under 100 cals!
  • lnmoon84
    lnmoon84 Posts: 4
    Options
    edawe81 wrote: »
    Hi,

Not sure your tastebuds, however I had a 1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese, 3 crushed pecans, and 1/4 cup strawberries mixed in all for under 100 cals!
    I love to add almonds in stead of pecans, but this is yummy!
  • lnmoon84
    lnmoon84 Posts: 4
    Options
    Baked kale lightly seasoned with paprika.
    Apples and peanut butter.
    Ezekiel bread almonds and a banana.
    Yogurt drops; pipe drops of yogurt onto a pan and freeze.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-tos are:
    Fat free cottage cheese with blueberries
    Apple slices with almond Butter
    Baby carrots and string cheese
    Brown rice cakes with weight watchers cream cheese
    Turkey jerkey citrus basil (krave)
    Raw green beans
    12 almonds
    So delicious yogurt mixed with protein powder and ground flaxseed and berries ontop

I've found that it's best to pair a little fat with the healthy to help keep fuller throughout the day.
  • Cindie84
    Cindie84 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A fave snack of mine that satisfies that sweet tooth is all natural peanut butter (1tbsp) on pita bread with strawberries (1/2 cup sliced) and Gouda cheese (1 slice). It's the best!
  • excited_satsuma29
    excited_satsuma29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I recently made zucchini chips. Basically chop courgettes, bake in oven with a tiny bit of olive oil until crispy. I seasoned with pepper and they're a delicious savoury snack. I tend to make them at the beginning of the week and take them to work.
  • pitchf0rk
    pitchf0rk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will make strawberry popsicles. Really looking forward to that. I'll only add some greek yogurt and mint, maybe a squeeze of lemon Juice. Depending on the sweetness of the strawberries maybe some honey. But I hope the strawberries will be sweet enough.
  • estmcam
    estmcam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Make your own bars to beat mid-afternoon chocolate cravings. One cup of cashews, one cup of dates and a scant teaspoon of cocoa powder. Blend until combined, then flatten onto a baking sheet & refrigerate. When set, simply slice into bars and enjoy! I've also experimented with other nuts -walnuts, Brazils, pecans and peanuts & added raisins & cranberries. Can also roll in desiccated coconut if u like... Yum!
  • edawe81
    Options
    I tried a new one last week from Graham Elliott.

It is popcorn, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and green onions. Sprinkle all together and toss in a bowl.

Very delicious!

• edawe81
    Options
    lnmoon84 wrote: »
    edawe81 wrote: »
    Hi,

I love to add almonds in stead of pecans, but this is yummy!

Almonds are delicious in this one too I agree:)
  • bomshelter
    bomshelter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Half a slice of toasted pumpernickel bread with low fat cream cheese and lox and dried dill weed. Squeeze few drops of fresh lemon juice on top.
  • GloriaEubanks
    Options
    Raw almonds and carrots are delicious. I brought a 1 oz bag of almonds and a sandwich bag of baby carrots. In turn the two flavors compliment one another.
  • GloriaEubanks
    Options
    Larabar makes delicious (no sugar) sweet snacks made of whole foods too - dates, cacao, and nuts.
  • eseviour1981
    Options
    Throw dates, nuts (whichever ones you like), some citrus juice and zest (again, pick whichever you prefer) and cocoa powder or chocolate chips in a food processor. Blend until smooth and shape into balls. Tastes like chocolate truffles, but without all the cream and butter :smile:
  • tmshank18
    tmshank18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My newest go to snack, especially to satisfy my sweet tooth are the Dole Dippers. I have had the strawberries, pineapples and bananas and they are all great. I think the pineapple are my favorite. They are all dipped in dark chocolate and are also a low carb snack. You can find them in the frozen food isle where the frozen fruit is.
  • EMCOX5412
    EMCOX5412 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Make your own bars to beat mid-afternoon chocolate cravings. One cup of cashews, one cup of dates and a scant teaspoon of cocoa powder. Blend until combined, then flatten onto a baking sheet & refrigerate. When set, simply slice into bars and enjoy!

How many bars do you get out of this?
  • obki45
    obki45 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fave sweet tooth snack, 1 baked apple, lashings of cinnomin and 1 small pot of yoghurt, under 70cal.
  • leeleehayes88
    leeleehayes88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A chocolate mousse suitable for vegans
    1 ripe avocado
    1/4 cup cacao powder
    1/4 cup almond milk
    1/4 agave nectar
    vanilla extract
    Mix/puree till smooth
    enjoy!
  • Lizzyharris15
    Lizzyharris15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At local grocery stores they are starting to sell protein packs by the cheese section, which includes ham/turkey, cashews/almonds, and a cheese. They are only about 100 calories and are great for on the go, I always throw one in my bag after work before I go to the gym.
  • LizzieEEllis
    LizzieEEllis Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SPF%20Edamame%20Pods%20Box%20711575721572.jpg
    Individual packs of steamed edamame lightly sprinkled with sea salt. 90 calories, 3g fiber, 8g protein.