Oopsie Rolls

Options
rkufeke
rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
What do you use oopsie rolls for? Are they worth the effort? I don't miss bread in the form of buns for burgers or sandwiches... but it might be nice to have a way to do an egg sandwich on Sunday mornings (I usually end up trying to eat my over-medium eggs on the drive to church). What's the best recipe for them?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I've heard that by far the muffin-in-a-minutes are much better for this. My oopsie rolls were not that great. I didn't even finish eating them all. Ended up tossing them after they sat in the fridge forever. But there are so many variations to the MIM including cheese, garlicky ones that I could see using for a breakfast sandwich!! I don't have any personal favorite recipes, but I would look for these.

They are mostly made to be microwaved, but I've been told you can do it in the oven, it just takes about the same amount of time as some breads to cook. Maybe bake and freeze?
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Made oopsies a while back, want too thrilled. I foundvariations of pancakes more enjoyable and can be used for wraps :)
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    Wasn't thrilled, stupid phone
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    @itcphotog Please share the more enjoyable wrap options!
  • GSD_Mama
    Options
    I love my ricotta crepes I've made the other day and I think I'll just stick to them. Google Keto ricotta crepes and you shall find them. I think I had a post here somewhere with a recipe.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    That one I saved! But I was missing an ingredient or two so I didn't try them yet lol :)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    itcphotog wrote: »
    I love my ricotta crepes I've made the other day and I think I'll just stick to them. Google Keto ricotta crepes and you shall find them. I think I had a post here somewhere with a recipe.

I saved it too. Need ricotta...and strawberries or raspberries....

Dan the Man from Michigan
    LCHF is the XXXX (A funny animated explantion of the Keto WOE)
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    rkufeke wrote: »
    What do you use oopsie rolls for? Are they worth the effort? I don't miss bread in the form of buns for burgers or sandwiches... but it might be nice to have a way to do an egg sandwich on Sunday mornings (I usually end up trying to eat my over-medium eggs on the drive to church). What's the best recipe for them?

I tried oopsies...like others said above, wasn't too impressed...back to the kitchen...

Dan the Man from Michigan
    How I got Off of Diabetic Prescriptions Drugs Since I Started Keto
    DittoDan's Keto Blogs
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I tried to make oopsie rolls, emphasis on try. I ended up with a strangely eggy and fragile lump. Not worth the hassle.
  • jackiep187
    jackiep187 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just tried oopsie rolls for the first time this weekend, but added a bit of garlic powder, salt, and pepper, then spread it out on the baking sheet to cook instead of using dollops. When it cooled, I sliced it like focaccia bread. It's wasn't amazing, it reminded me of a smushed burger bun, but it does the trick for my chicken salad sandwiches this week at work! I do enjoy the pancake/crepe variations as wraps as well. :)