Logging additional cals?

Options
cschu544
cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Hey guys- I have had the Fitbit flex for a while, but just synced it with MFP. I use my heart rate monitor already to log my work-outs, and am wondering if it would be a double log if I kept Fitbit synced with MFP? What do you guys do? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I just don't want to double log everything.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you log the correct start time and duration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8duevx9y9TY&feature=youtu.be
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter where you enter manually logged exercise, even with your accounts linked. As long as you have a start time and duration whatever you enter will overwrite what Fitbit estimated for that time. Most people here manually log their exercise in Fitbit rather than MFP. See the FAQ that heybales wrote (you'll find it in the Fitbit group stickies) for a thorough explanation.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter where you enter manually logged exercise, even with your accounts linked. As long as you have a start time and duration whatever you enter will overwrite what Fitbit estimated for that time. Most people here manually log their exercise in Fitbit rather than MFP. See the FAQ that heybales wrote (you'll find it in the Fitbit group stickies) for a thorough explanation.

Thank you- I'll see how it goes during my workout tonight. I always enter a start time but wasn't sure if MFP would recognize a double log...

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    MFP sends it on over to Fitbit, which replaces whatever it estimated for that start time/duration.

Then when Fitbit sends the daily burn over to MFP, MFP subtracts out the workout it already knows about, which it knows Fitbit received from it.

So no double counting.