trying zero carb

Options
JennyToy
JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
i am tired of white knuckling through sugar cravings. And one time of month they are literally out of control, it's ALL i think about. i am going to try zero carb. i started yesterday just trying it out. officially i guess my start date is today because i am not logging any food. i researched yesterday alot and it seems to me to be old school atkins-no nuts no salad. Eating only from the animal kingdom and i am including dairy (cream, cheese) and butter (butter satisfies tremendously!). Like i said my biggest issue is lately it's always an internal struggle and it's exhuasting. Also i am ready for a break from Macros. Also i am a Master "self negotiator" and i have been struggling to stay keto and struggling to keep on track. The carbs sneak in because i am looking for any relief from these cravings. i feel like an addict! If anyone is interested i will let you know how i feel and how the weight loss and body changes proceed. i am starting at 33.6% body fat (according to my scale which i know isn't perfect but it's what i have and as long as i keep using that any reduction should be accurate even if the number itself isn't)...and at 181.7 pounds. Thanks for cheering for me :smiley:

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Good luck! :+1:
    I do that exactly on camping trips.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, your cravings will go away, i'm at 20-25g and i don't crave any sugar at all. It will take a bit time but you will make it! You just have to distract yourself with other activities once your brain starts wondering about those pesky carbs, go and do something. :)
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Keeps us posted on your progress!
  • JennyToy
    Options
    thank you guys! i am pretty darn excited! :)
  • mebeep
    mebeep Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm just about there myself, cannot handle the cravings. I'd love to follow your journey!
  • JennyToy
    Options
    Awesome mebeep!!!!!! Maybe you will join me soon!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. For two weeks I kept telling myself I was going to die if I did not get off of carbs which was likely more true than not in my case.

It was mind blowing when two weeks later the actual cravings were gone but the memory of carbs lasted longer. Now they even taste bad. :)
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I tried zero carbs yesterday/today. It's really hard as everything seems to have at least trace carbs. I feel good but miss veggies. Keep us posted on your success.
  • Rockmaker
    Rockmaker Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've probably been averaging 15g of carbs a day or less and I really don't see the need for them. I don't crave them or sugar. I'm not ready to say I want to go zero carbs but I seem to be naturally going in that direction for some reason.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Keto_T wrote: »
    I tried zero carbs yesterday/today. It's really hard as everything seems to have at least trace carbs. I feel good but miss veggies. Keep us posted on your success.

Technically, most zero-carb people don't count carbs and don't concern themselves with trace amounts. I'll eat a dozen eggs without a second thought. That would put me well above zero. Carbs from animal foods are fine. Oddly enough, the true zealots (of which I am one) shun truly zero-carb foods that come from plant sources (vegetable oils of any sort). I do allow some carbs for seasonings. But, things are lightly seasoned around my house.
  • JennyToy
    Options
    Thanks guys for the support. I hope to be able to report back with awesome results.