80/10/10 - High Carb/Low Fat

Options
bodyzen
bodyzen Posts: 122 Member
Any other high carb and low fat foodies out there? Has anyone else read the 80/10/10 Diet by Dr Doug Graham? Because of it I eat a mainly raw food, plant-based diet and I've never felt better! Would LOVE to connect with other like minded people! <3:)
PEAS & LOVE!

Replies

• danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Been on the lifestyle for a little over 2 years. It's amazing!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've recently changed over and feel great too!
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    new vegan...just starting 80/10/10...would love a new friend and any helpful ideas...
  • eurydicemalvina
    Options
    Hello
    I have just started on 80/10/10. And would be happy to discuss it with you.
    I am experiencing difficulties keeping up the raw.... My goal is to be raw 75% of the time and then eat cooked vegetables. However, I am committed to keeping off grains. I have about 25lbs to loose.
    What is your experience with 80/10/10 ?
    All the best :)
    Eurydice
  • eurydicemalvina
    Options
    Hello Jackie

I have just started on 80/10/10.
    In terms of helpful ideas i don't have many. But you can check Cristina's website http://www.fullyraw.com/. She has lots of tips.

Why have you started on 80/10/10 ? And how did you discover it ?

All the best
    Eurydice
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I've been on in since about september (keeping to raw till 4 mostly)
  • loraind
    Options
    started raw til 4 about a week ago :)
  • krista2131
    krista2131 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started the 80/10/10 after watching several videos from Freelee the Banana Girl not sure if anyone is familiar with her, but her videos help out a lot with any questions anyone may have. I do about 90% raw and 10% vegan, but I mainly try to stick to the raw because it give me more energy than I have had in years. Looking for more people who are on 80/10/10 for support and advice.
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    HI Eurydice,
    I'm sorry I didn't see your thread until now! Thanks for the support! I haven't really had the chance to follow 80/10/10 yet...just surfing the net...will definitely look up http://www.fullyraw.com/. I was inspired when I met a couple a year ago who were raw. Figured it sounded right for me....
    Jackie
  • mantisladyx
    mantisladyx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    thank you for the website
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this lifestyle but despite educating myself about it, I just can't bring myself to do it. Not to mention it would put a serious serious hole in my wallet. So instead I'm eating vegan and trying to incorporate as much raw food as possible in conjunction. :)
  • ITSmeNATALIE767
    ITSmeNATALIE767 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Meee :) Just started a week ago. Ive been wanting to do it for ages but have been too scared to up my calorie intake.
  • Shaluna
    Shaluna Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My diet is kinda like RT4, but I don't really follow the rules. I use the rules more like guidelines and a frame to my eating habits. I eat about 70% carbs, 20% fat and 10% protein. This seems to suit me just fine, I'm losing weight and feeling okay. (Though I've been very tired the last few weeks, but my calories have been pretty low.) I aim for about 2000 kcals, but yesterday I only got to a bit over 1400 kcals. Today I've been eating a bit over 1600 kcals, so I need to eat more. I think I'm gonna make some rice and lentils. :)