Weird question

Options
Moe0112
Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
Ok so this may sound a little weird. But it doesn't matter how many times I brush my teeth use mouth wash. I still get a funky taste in my mouth. Has this happened to anyone else? It didn't happen before surgery just not sure what changed ....

Replies

• april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    It's ketosis, it's totally normal, and the mouth funkiness will pass. The good news is that you're actively burning fat as we speak. :)
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Great info thanks for the post! I thought it was me! I have brushed my tongue a million times...it almost feels lumpy to me :( thank goodness it's not just me!
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you April cause I really thought something was wrong with me!!!! Lol
    Joysie I totally understand and I have checking the forum to see if anyone had said anything, I really thought I was the only one!!!
  • jesswagspgh
    jesswagspgh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ugh. That happened to me too. It also went away once I began eating & drinking a lot more.
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you asked this question! I thought it was just me, too! Lol! It has gotten better, though.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I've been waking up with dry mouth. I'm guessing it's similar because this never happened to me before surgery.
  • lioykavsg
    lioykavsg Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Gosh! Thanks for the question!! I was wondering what happened to me!! It is awful! I was thinking it was the milk based protein drinks. They seemed to really make it worse!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It's likely ketosis. Fat burning machines, with dry mouth and funky breath, lol!