Best Protein Powder?

Options
LoLoGB
LoLoGB Posts: 97 Member
Hi all. I need help getting more protein in my diet and want to do protein powder. Looking for a high quality one that has little to no sugar. Suggestions?

Replies

• MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I like VegaSport protein powders. There are whey based powders with more protein than this one but this is a good plant based one. http://breakingmuscle.com/supplements/product-review-vega-sport-performance-system
  • LoLoGB
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey
    Had a good review in Consumer reports for not having heavy metals in the mix and matching in content what they said it had.

42 g scoop has 8 g of BCAA's.
    C (S) - P - F
    7 (1) - 30 - 2.5

I always do with milk so higher carbs/fat yet.

But good balance - it's the insulin rise from the carbs that causes protein to be sent to muscles for use.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’ll always recommend real food over a powder, but when you must, go high quality with no additives. I use Dr. Mercola’s unflavored, mixing it with coconut water and organic cacao powder.
  • Tipularia
    Tipularia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Isolate. It's reasonably priced, available through Amazon.com (thank goodness for Amazon Prime) and seems easier on the tummy than the whey (but that may just be my issue). It's not too horrible when mixed with water, but I prefer using almond/coconut milk or cashew milk.
  • LoLoGB
    Options
    Thank you every one! I will have to try a few of those!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Myprotein has fabulous protein and it doesn't cost a bundle.
  • marycurtis123
    marycurtis123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Canadian Protein has great products and prices. I get the New Zealand whey unflavored since it is from grass feed cows. http://us.canadianprotein.com/